Try on Deka SmartXide Dot® Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$1500 - $3000
What is Deka SmartXide Dot®?
Deka SmartXide Dot® is an ablative fractional CO2 laser used to create a smoother, firmer, and brighter complexion through changes to the skin cells and underlying collagen matrix. SmartXide Dot utilizes technology to scan, pattern, and pulse the skin for precise laser therapy even in sensitive areas like the under eye. SmartXide Dot is most commonly used to improve fine lines and wrinkles, mild skin laxity, and pigmentation irregularities.
What cosmetic concerns does a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure treat?
Deka SmartXide Dot is a fractional ablative laser system that vaporizes damaged dermal cells, promotes new collagen, and tightens/tones the skin.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen stimulation lessens early signs of aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Increased collagen production firms and tones skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Ablative lasers break down areas of hyperpigmentation to create a more uniform complexion.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Dead and damaged skin cells are broken down and skin texture is smoothed.
- Acne Scars: Ablative lasers break down scar tissue to encourage new cell growth.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure?
The ideal candidate for SmartXide Dot® has photo-damaged skin, pigmentation and skin texture irregularities, and mild wrinkles or poor skin laxity. SmartXide Dot is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones as there is a higher risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure?
Most patients experience about seven to 10 days of downtime following a SmartXide treatment. Red, raw, and swollen skin are typical after ablative laser resurfacing treatments like SmartXide Dot®. Patients should expect redness to last for a few weeks. Diligent skin care, minimizing sun exposure, and appropriate UV protection can lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure?
Potential side effects following a SmartXide Dot® treatment are generally mild, but include burns or skin damage, scar formation, irregular pigmentation (hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation), milia (white bumps), and possible skin infections.
What can someone expect from the results of a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure?
The results of a SmartXide Dot® ablative laser treatment become noticeable over a few weeks as the body restores the skin layers and enhances the collagen matrix. Limiting time in the sun (even when utilizing sunscreen) decreases the risk of patchy skin pigmentation. The final results of a SmartXide Dot® will naturally change with aging and photo-damage.
What is the average cost of a Deka SmartXide Dot® procedure?
Deka SmartXide Dot® costs anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000. The actual cost of a SmartXide Dot® is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Can Be Used Around The Eyes
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Improved Recovery Time
- Possible Multiple Treatments
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
The Deka Dot ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing system rejuvenates the skin and improves fine lines, pigmentation irregularities, and skin texture. Deka Dot can also be used to lift sagging skin around the eyes, known as a Madonna Eye Lift. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
Deka SmartXide Dot® creates a smooth tone, texture, and complexion to improve skin aesthetic. SmartXide Dot® is also commonly used to provide a subtle eye lift.