Try on Fraxel® Repair Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$800 - $6500
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is Fraxel® Re:pair?
Fraxel® Re:pair is an ablative fractional laser that creates a smoother, firmer, more even, and brighter complexion. Fraxel® Re:pair is an ablative skin laser meaning it vaporizes outer skin cells and causes microdamage to underlying skin cells to promote the body’s natural healing and rejuvenation response. Fraxel® Re:pair can be used for deep acne scarring, and can create significant results in as little as one to two treatments. Fraxel® Re:pair differs from Fraxel® Restore in that Fraxel Restore is a non-ablative (read: non-wounding), more subtle laser skin resurfacing.
What cosmetic concerns does a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure treat?
Fraxel® Re:pair, a fractional ablative laser system, vaporizes old/damaged cells, stimulates new collagen, and tightens/tones the skin complexion.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen production is increased to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen stimulation tones and tightens skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Hyperpigmented deposits are broken down for a more uniform complexion.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Deposits of dead and damaged skin cells are broken down to smooth skin texture.
- Acne Scars: Scar tissue is broken down and new healthy cells are encouraged to grow in the area.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure?
The ideal candidate for Fraxel® Re:pair, an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing, has UV damaged skin, pigmentation irregularities, uneven skin texture, mild wrinkles or fine lines, or scars. Fraxel® Re:pair is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones as there is a higher risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure?
Most patients experience two to two and half weeks of downtime following a Fraxel® Re:pair treatment. Red, raw, swollen skin is typical following an ablative laser resurfacing treatment like Fraxel® Re:pair. Redness can persist for a number of weeks. Diligent skin care, limited sun exposure, and appropriate UV protection will lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure?
Potential side effects following a Fraxel® Re:pair treatment include burns or other skin damage, scar formation, irregular pigmentation (hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation), milia (white bumps), and possible skin infections.
What can someone expect from the results of a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure?
The results of a Fraxel® Re:pair become apparent after a few weeks as the body restores skin layers and rebuilds the collagen matrix. Limiting time in the sun (even when wearing sun block) reduces the risk of patchy skin pigmentation during healing. The final results of a Fraxel® Re:pair naturally experience age and photo-damage related changes.
What is the average cost of a Fraxel® Re:pair procedure?
Fraxel® Re:pair costs anywhere from $800 to $6,500. The actual cost of a Fraxel® Re:pair is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Improved Recovery Time
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
Fraxel Repair is an ablative, fractional laser that improves skin complexion by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and pigmentation irregularities. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Fraxel Repair treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
Fraxel® Re:pair, an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment, promotes a smoother tone, texture, and complexion to improve skin aesthetic. Fraxel® Re:pair can be especially effective in deep acne scarring with just a few treatments.