Try on Icon® 2940 Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$2000 - $3800
What is Icon® 2940?
Icon® 2940, a part of the Palomar Icon aesthetic system, is an ablative fractional laser. This aggressive form of laser resurfacing uses a handpiece to deliver intense heat to vaporize skin cells (as compared to non ablative lasers that do not destroy skin cells), and the fractional laser technology means the laser is targeted to a specific treatment area.
Icon® 2940 treatments stimulate collagen production, tighten and tone skin, and remove damaged or hyperpigmented skin cells. Icon® 2940 is most commonly used to treat wrinkles, fine lines (like crow's feet), age spots, stretch marks, acne scarring, and volume loss.
What cosmetic concerns does an Icon® 2940 procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen production is increased via laser energy to reduce signs of aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen increases firm and tighten skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Laser energy removes abnormally pigmented cells and allows for healthier skin to be revealed.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Collections of damaged and dead skin are removed for smoother texture.
- Acne Scars: Scar tissue is broken down and healthy tissue encouraged to grow in its place.
Who is the ideal candidate for an Icon® 2940 procedure?
The ideal candidate for Icon® 2940 skin resurfacing has UV damaged skin with fine lines, poor skin laxity or skin texture, acne scars, or stretch marks, and is looking for a non-surgical procedure. Icon® 2940 is not recommended for those with darker skin tones due to the high risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with an Icon® 2940 procedure?
Most patients experience one to two weeks of downtime following an Icon® 2940 procedure. Red, raw skin, and swelling are common following laser resurfacing procedures. Patients can expect skin pinkness to persist for several months. Good skin care and limited sun exposure with good UV protection can lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of an Icon® 2940 procedure?
Potential side effects following an Icon® 2940 include burns or skin damage, scarring, hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, reactivation of cold sores, bacterial skin infections, and prolonged erythema.
What can someone expect from the results of an Icon 2940 procedure?
The results of an Icon® 2940 will not be immediately noticeable following the procedure, but will develop over weeks as skin heals and regrows. Patients should limit excessive sun exposure and utilize sunscreen during this time to lessen the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The skin appearance results of an Icon® 2940 will be significant, but also subject to age related changes and sun damage as time progresses.
What is the average cost of an Icon® 2940 procedure?
A Icon® 2940 procedure can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $3,800. The actual cost of an Icon® 2940 is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Quick Healing
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Possible Multiple Treatments
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
The Icon 2940 ablative fractional laser is part of the Palomar Icon by Cynosure aesthetic system. The Icon 2940 laser improves signs of aging in as little as one treatment session. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after an Icon 2940 treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
An Icon® 2940 by Palomar Icon procedure makes significant improvements to skin tone, skin texture, and facial appearance. By removing the outermost skin layer and promoting new collagen growth, Icon® 2940 will restore, refresh, and rejuvenate the skin.