Effective Date: February 9, 2020
AEDIT is an expert portal for beauty treatments, brought to you by the doctors and editors that matter. Our website and The AEDITOR app are directed at two types of users:
- Trusted providers and medical experts who use the Platform to advertise their practices and connect with potential patients (“Providers”); and
- Consumers who wish to learn about cosmetic procedures and locate and connect with Providers (“Users”). Our AEDITor app also lets Users edit their photo to see what they may look like with a certain cosmetic enhancement. In addition, Users can direct us to share their information with Providers with whom they wish to connect through the Platform.
INFORMATION AEDIT COLLECTS
We collect the following types of personal information in connection with the Platform:
- • Account Information. When you create a User account on the Platform (an “Account”), you will provide us with certain personal information, such as your user name and password. If you log in to your Account through a third-party platform, such as Google, we may collect the information that you allow the third-party platform to provide to us, based on your privacy settings with that third party (such as your email address and calendar information). Our processing of the information we obtain from third-party platforms is governed by the requirements these third-party platforms impose on us in their relevant terms and conditions.
- • User Contact Information. When you register for an Account or otherwise interact with us, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- • Demographic Information. When you register for an Account or otherwise choose to provide it to us, we may collect your gender, date of birth, general location information (i.e., city and state)
- • Cosmetic Preferences and Concerns. When you register for an Account or otherwise choose to provide it to us, you may identify your desired areas of improvement and cosmetic concerns.
- • Camera and Photos (iOS App Only). If you use the app’s photo editing features, we collect the photographs you provide via your camera or camera roll, including any metadata associated with the photographs and any customizations you make to your photographs using the app. The editing features require that you grant us permission to access your camera or camera roll. You can revoke these permissions as described in the “Choice” section below.
- • Biometric Data (iOS App Only). If you use the app’s photo editing features, we collect biometric data such as facial scans of photographs you upload to or take using the App, and data derived from this information. We do so by making use of Apples built in TruDepth API. The TruDepth Camera that is built into newer Apple Phones allows AEDIT to determine the distance of a pixel from the front facing camera thus allowing us to determine the facial measurements of our end users.
- • Provider Contact Information. If you become, or consider becoming, a trusted provider on the Platform, we may collect your personal and business contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- • Professional Credentials. We may collect information about our Providers’ professional credentials, such as your role or specialty, and your educational or work history.
Please note that if you become a Provider on our Platform, our processing of your personal information will be governed by the terms and conditions of your engagement with the Platform.
From All Platform Visitors:
- • Reviews and Comments. We collect the reviews and comments you submit to the Platform or provide when you visit or interact with our pages on social media platforms, such as when you post a review of a doctor on the Platform, leave a comment on our Facebook page, or interact with our blog. If you choose to submit reviews and comments to any public area of the Platform, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- • Feedback. We may also collect personal information from you when you communicate with us. For example, you may send us personal information by providing feedback, requesting assistance, or writing an email to us or subscribing to an Aedit mailing. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- • Survey Responses. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information, and we will collect your responses to such surveys.
- • Device data, such as information about the device you are using to visit our websites or use our apps, including your device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, and Internet service provider (ISP).
- • Online activity data, such as browsing history, search history, referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our Platform (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), date/time stamp, clickstream data, and other information about your interactions with our websites and apps, social media pages, and our email communications. [
We use this passively-collected data for internal purposes, including to analyze trends, compile statistics about use of the Platform, track Users’ movements around the Platform, help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience, and measure the success of our marketing campaigns (including whether recipients of our emails open or click links within them), and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information we maintain about you.
Information Provided by Third Parties. Aedit may collect information about you from third parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third parties.[b]
HOW AEDIT USES YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information for the following purposes:
Biometric and Non-Biometric Personal Information:
Service-Related Usage. We use personal information to operate the Platform, including to provide the photo editing features of the app, to provide our services, and to provide support and maintenance for the Platform.
Platform Development and Improvement. We may also use personal information to analyze use of and improve the Platform and our services, including to train and improve the technology underlying the photo editing features of the app.
Compliance. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
HOW AEDIT MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW AEDIT RETAINS YOUR DATA
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATIONVisit: aedit.com/contact-us Email: [email protected] Identity verification. The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request. We may attempt to verify your identify by asking you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer. Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have written authorization confirming such authority.
Online Tracking Opt-Out Guide Like many companies online, we may use services provided by Google, Facebook and other companies that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and web beacons – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarized below: Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes. Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising: Google: https://adssettings.google.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out FullStory: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/ Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies: Digital advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 AppChoices Mobile App: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.