Try on Fraxis Duo Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$750 - $750
What is Fraxis Duo?
Fraxis Duo is a two step procedure combining microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) and ablative CO2 laser skin resurfacing. The Fraxis Duo system delivers a multi-depth treatment. Microneedling penetrates deeper skin layers and allows for delivery of radiofrequency energy. An ablative laser skin resurfacing procedure is then performed for more penetrative heat diffusion to further promote blood flow, and collagen and elastin stimulation. Fraxis Duo reduces fine lines and wrinkles, the appearance of scars, irregular skin pigmentation, and uneven skin texture.
What cosmetic concerns does a Fraxis Duo procedure treat?
Fraxis Duo penetrates deeply into the dermal layers to promote the body’s natural restorative response through cell recycling, and collagen and elastin production.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Microneedling RF and CO2 lasers stimulate collagen and reduce signs of aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen and elastin production increases to firm and plump skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: A smoother complexion is created through a reduction in areas of abnormal pigmentation.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Deposits of damaged and dead skin cells are broken down for recycling and a smoother skin texture.
- Acne Scarss: Microneedling breaks down scar tissue, and, in conjunction with lasers, encourages healthier cell growth.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Fraxis Duo procedure?
The ideal candidate for Fraxis Duo has mild to moderate signs of aging such as wrinkling around the eyes and mouth, skin laxity, tone and pigmentation irregularities, and facial volume loss. Fraxis Duo is not recommended for those who have recently used Accutane, have active skin infection, are pregnant, have a history of keloid scarring, or individuals with dark skin tones or certain skin types (due to the higher risk of hypopigmentation).
What is the average recovery associated with a Fraxis Duo procedure?
Most patients experience about two to three weeks of downtime following a Fraxis Duo treatment. Red, raw, and swollen skin is typical following the dual microneedling with RF/ablative laser skin resurfacing procedure. Redness can persist for months. Regular skin care, limited sun exposure, and appropriate sun protection will enhance results and lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a Fraxis Duo procedure?
Potential side effects following a Fraxis Duo treatment include prolonged redness, tight/itchy skin, burning or stinging sensation, skin damage or burns, scarring, changes to skin pigment, and infection.
What can someone expect from the results of a Fraxis Duo procedure?
The results of a Fraxis Duo treatment become noticeable after a few weeks as the body heals. Strictly limiting sun exposure (even when wearing sun block) greatly reduces the risk of patchy skin pigmentation development. The final results of a Fraxis Duo naturally change with age and accumulation of photo-aging.
What is the average cost of a Fraxis Duo procedure?
Fraxis Duo costs anywhere from $750 to $1,000. The actual cost of a Fraxis Duo is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Two Sources Of Energy
- Microneedling Okay For Darker Skin Tones
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
Fraxis Duo is a combined treatment system that offers patients the benefits of both radiofrequency and laser energy for increased collagen production and skin resurfacing. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Fraxis Duo procedure.
- Avoidance of Accutane for 6 months
- Discontinue use of Retin A and other topic medications for 3-5 days
- Avoid skin resurfacing and hair removal treatments for 5-7 days
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Reschedule if a rash or blemish develops
- Skin will be cleansed
- Topical numbing cream applied
- Additional local anesthetic as needed
- Microneedling device is applied over the area to be treated
- RF energy is delivered via the microneedling device
- Skin is then re-treated with an ablative fractional laser
- Once complete, a serum or ointment may be applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
Fraxis Duo is a two step system in which microneedling with radiofrequency and an ablative CO2 laser resurfacing treatment are combined for a multi-depth procedure with significant enhancements to the facial aesthetic in as little as one to three treatments.