Try on Pixel CO2 Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$250 - $2500
What is Pixel CO2?
The Pixel CO2 laser is an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment is a more aggressive form of laser resurfacing. Ablative lasers use intense heat to vaporize skin cells (non ablative lasers do not vaporize skin cells). Fractional lasers target specific treatment areas.
Pixel CO2 treatments vaporize damaged or hyperpigmented skin cells, stimulate new collagen production, and tighten and tone underlying skin. Pixel CO2 claims to have the more aggressive treatment benefits of a carbon dioxide (CO2) laser with less recovery than the average Carbon dioxide-based laser treatment.
What cosmetic concerns does a Pixel CO2 procedure treat?
Pixel CO2, an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure, vaporizes targeted layers of skin cells, stimulates new collagen production, and encourages skin cell growth.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen increases reduce signs of aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen stimulation tones and tightens skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Abnormally pigmented cells are removed and fresh skin layers are revealed.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Collections of dead and damaged skin cells evens skin texture.
- Acne Scars: Ablative laser energy removes old scar tissue for new cell growth.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Pixel CO2 procedure?
The ideal candidate for a Pixel CO2 procedure has mild to moderate acne scarring, facial scars, uneven pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and/or other skin blemishes. Pixel CO2 is not recommended for those with darker skin tones or certain skin types due to the increased risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a Pixel CO2 procedure?
Most patients experience about one week of downtime following a Pixel CO2 procedure. Red, raw skin, swelling, and itchiness are common after laser resurfacing treatments. During the healing process, patients can expect skin redness or pinkness to persist for several days. Thick ointments, good skin care, and limited sun exposure can reduce recovery time.
What are the potential side effects of a Pixel CO2 procedure?
Potential side effects following Pixel CO2 include burns or skin damage, scar formation, hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, reactivation of cold sores, bacterial skin infections, and milia (white bumps).
What can someone expect from the results of a Pixel CO2 procedure?
The results of a Pixel CO2 procedure will not be immediately visible following the treatment, but will evolve over a few weeks as skin heals. A few sessions may be required to achieve desired results. Patients should reduce excessive sun exposure and wear sunscreen during recovery to mitigate the risk of irregular patchy skin pigmentation. Age related changes and sun damage will become evident as patients continue to age.
What is the average cost of a Pixel CO2 procedure?
Pixel CO2 can cost anywhere from $250 to $2,500. The actual cost of a Pixel CO2 is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Improves Scars
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Improved Recovery Time
- Possible Multiple Treatments
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
The Pixel CO2 laser is an ablative, fractional skin resurfacing device that improves the appearance of scars, skin discolorations, fine lines, and other imperfections. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Pixel CO2 laser treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
The Pixel CO2 laser creates significant enhancements to skin tone, skin texture, and facial aesthetic. By vaporizing the outer skin layers and stimulating collagen production, ablative fractional lasers, like Pixel CO2, restore, refresh, and rejuvenate skin.