Try on CO2RE® Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$1000 - $3500
What is CO2RE®?
CO2RE® by Candela Medical is an ablative fractional laser. This aggressive form of laser resurfacing delivers intense heat to the skin surface to vaporize skin cells (non-ablative lasers do not destroy skin cells), and the fractional aspect is targeted to a specific treatment area. CO2RE® treatments augment collagen production, tighten and tone skin, and disintegrate damaged or hyperpigmented cells. CO2RE® is most commonly used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation irregularities, acne scarring, and skin texture and volume.
What cosmetic concerns does a CO2RE® procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Ablative laser energy stimulates collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen production tones and firms skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Ablative lasers eliminate abnormally pigmented cells and even tone.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Collections of damaged and dead skin cells are removed to even skin texture.
- Acne Scars: Scar tissue is broken down to allow for healthier cell growth.
Who is the ideal candidate for a CO2RE® procedure?
The ideal candidate for CO2RE® has UV skin damage, fine lines or wrinkles, poor skin laxity or skin texture, or acne scars and is looking for a non-surgical skin enhancement procedure. CO2RE® is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones due to the high risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a CO2RE® procedure?
Most patients undergo one to two weeks of downtime following a CO2RE® treatment. Red, raw skin, and some swelling are common following ablative laser resurfacing treatments. Patients can expect skin pinkness to persist for several weeks. Regular skin care and limited sun exposure with appropriate UV protection can lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a CO2RE® procedure?
Potential side effects following a CO2RE® treatment include burns or skin damage, scarring, hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, reactivation of cold sores, and bacterial skin infections.
What can someone expect from the results of a CO2RE® procedure?The results of CO2RE® are not immediately noticeable following the treatment, but will develop over weeks as skin rejuvenates and regrows. Patients should limit sun exposure and wear sunscreen during recovery to lessen the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The skin appearance results of a CO2RE® resurfacing treatment will be significant, and subject to aging and sun damage over time.
What is the average cost of a CO2RE® procedure?A CO2RE® procedure can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,500. The actual cost of a CO2RE® treatment is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Improved Recovery Time
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
CO2RE is an ablative fractional laser resurfacing treatment that reduces wrinkles, smooth uneven skin texture, and improves overall skin tone in as little as one treatment session. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a CO2RE treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
CO2RE® is an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure that causes significant improvements to skin tone, texture, and facial appearance. By removing the outermost skin layer and stimulating new collagen growth, CO2RE® will restore, refresh, and rejuvenate the facial aesthetic.