Try on Pearl® Laser Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$1200 - $3000
What is Pearl laser?
Pearl® laser by Cutera is an ablative fractional laser designed to create a smooth, pearl-like skin texture. This aggressive form of laser resurfacing delivers intense heat to the treatment area to vaporize skin cells and stimulate a collagen production response. Pearl® laser is most commonly used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities, acne scarring, and poor skin texture.
What cosmetic concerns does a Pearl laser procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen growth reduces signs of early aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen stimulation plumps the skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Hyperpigmented skin cells are broken down and fresh skin cells are revealed.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Deposits of dead and damaged cells are removed to smooth skin texture.
- Acne Scars: Ablative energy breaks down scar tissue to allow for healthier cell growth.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Pearl® laser procedure?
The ideal candidate for Pearl® laser has mild to moderate skin damage like sun spots, brown spots, fine lines, wrinkles, or acne scars. Pearl® laser is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones due to the high risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a Pearl Laser procedure?
Most patients undergo one to two weeks of downtime following a Pearl™ laser procedure. Reddened and raw skin, and some swelling are common following ablative laser resurfacing treatments like Pearl® laser. Patients can expect skin discoloration for several weeks. Diligent skin care and limited sun exposure with appropriate UV protection can reduce downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a Pearl laser procedure?
Potential side effects following a Pearl® laser treatment include burns or skin damage, scarring, changes in pigmentation such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, and bacterial skin infections.
What can someone expect from the results of a Pearl laser procedure?
The results of a Pearl® laser are not able to be seen following the therapy. As skin rejuvenates and regrows, the results will develop over a few weeks and continue to evolve for up to three to six months. Limiting sun exposure and wearing sunscreen lessens the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The final results of a Pearl laser will be significant, and also subject to the effects of aging and sun damage over time.
What is the average cost of a Pearl laser procedure?
A Pearl® laser by Cutera procedure can cost anywhere from $1,200 to $3,000. The actual cost of the treatment is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Smooths Skin
- Tightens Skin
- Lasting Results
- Improve Skin Quality
- Improve Skin Texture
- Improved Recovery Time
- Pigmentation Changes
- Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- More Invasive
What to Expect
The Pearl Laser is an ablative fractional laser that erases signs of aging my stimulating collagen production. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after treatment with a Pearl Laser.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
A Pearl® laser treatment improves skin tone, skin texture, and facial skin aesthetic. Vaporizing the outer skin layer and stimulating new collagen growth, Pearl® laser restores, refreshes, and rejuvenates the skin.