$2000 - $5000
What is SmartSkin®?
SmartSkin® by Cynosure is an ablative fractional laser used to remove skin cells and promote the natural healing process for smoother, firmer, and brighter skin. In response to laser energy, the body starts the rejuvenation process of creating new skin cells and collagen. SmartSkin® is most commonly used to treat photo damage, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars.
What cosmetic concerns does a SmartSkin® procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Early signs of aging are reduced through collagen stimulation.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen production is stimulated creating firm, plump skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Removal of top sun damaged skin cell layers exposes fresh layers beneath.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Dead and damaged skin cell deposits are removed for a more uniform texture.
- Acne Scars: Ablation of scar tissue allows healthier skin to grow in its place.
Who is the ideal candidate for a SmartSkin® procedure?
The ideal candidate for SmartSkin® has uneven skin tone and/or texture, fine lines/wrinkles, acne scarring, or mild to moderate skin laxity. SmartSkin® is not recommended for individuals with darker skin tones as there is a high risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a SmartSkin® procedure?
Most patients experience about one week of downtime following a SmartSkin® treatment. Red and raw feeling skin with possible swelling are typical after ablative laser resurfacing treatments like SmartSkin®. Patients can expect redness for a few days to weeks. Careful skincare and minimizing sun exposure with appropriate sunscreen use can lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a SmartSkin® procedure?
Potential side effects following a SmartSkin® treatment include burns or skin damage, scar development, irregular pigmentation (hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation), milia (white bumps), and infection.
What can someone expect from the results of a SmartSkin® procedure?
The results of SmartSkin® resurfacing become noticeable over a few weeks as the body heals and skin is rejuvenated. Mitigating time in the sun and utilizing sunscreen decreases the risk of patchy skin pigmentation. The final results of a SmartSkin® treatment will be naturally altered with aging and sun damage.
What is the average cost of a SmartSkin® procedure?
SmartSkin® can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000. The actual cost of a SmartSkin® treatment is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
What to Expect
SmartSkin CO2 skin resurfacing diminishes fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, and other sign of photo-damage. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a SmarSkin resurfacing treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
SmartSkin® by Cynosure creates a smoother skin tone, skin texture, and enhances skin aesthetic. Both externally and internally altering the skin appearance and structure, refreshes and rejuvenates the skin.