$200 - $2500
What is ProFractional™ laser therapy?
The ProFractional™ laser by Sciton is an ablative fractional laser used to vaporize cells and promote the natural healing response. In response to laser energy, the body will create new skin cells and enhance the collagen matrix for tighter, more toned, and refreshed skin.
Sciton has both the ProFractional™ laser and the ProFractional™ XC, which is a more customizable laser. The ProFractional™ Laser is most commonly used to treat sun damage, fine lines/wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities, acne scars, and poor skin texture.
What cosmetic concerns does a ProFractional™ laser therapy procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Increases in collagen smooth early signs of aging.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Plumper, firmer skin develops from increases in collagen.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Ablative laser energy destroys abnormal pigmentation collections and evens skin tone.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Laser energy removes build ups of dead and damaged skin cells.
- Acne Scars: Scar tissue is broken down and new cells are given space to grow.
Who is the ideal candidate for a ProFractional™ Laser Therapy procedure?
The ideal candidate for ProFractional™ laser therapy by Sciton has skin damage such as sun spots, brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles, volume loss, or acne scars. ProFractional™ laser therapy is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones due to the high risk of hypopigmentation.
What is the average recovery associated with a ProFractional™ laser therapy procedure?
Most patients experience one to two weeks of downtime following a ProFractional™ laser therapy treatment. Reddened and raw skin, and swelling are typical following ablative laser resurfacing treatments like ProFractional™ laser therapy. Patients can expect skin redness for a few days to weeks. Considerate skin care and minimal sun exposure with appropriate UV protection can lessen downtime.
What are the potential side effects of a ProFractional™ laser therapy procedure?
Potential side effects following a ProFractional™ laser therapy treatment include burns or skin damage, scars, irregular pigmentation such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, and excessive skin peeling.
What can someone expect from the results of a ProFractional™ laser therapy procedure?
The results of ProFractional™ laser therapy develop over time, and possibly multiple treatments. As skin rejuvenates, the results will begin to take effect, usually after a few weeks. Limiting time in the sun and wearing sunscreen reduces the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The final results of a ProFractional™ Laser Therapy will change with aging and sun damage.
What is the average cost of a ProFractional™ laser therapy procedure?
ProFractional™ laser therapy by Sciton can cost anywhere from $200 to $2,500. The actual cost of a ProFractional™ laser treatment is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
What to Expect
The Profractional and Profractional XC laser are ablative fractional lasers that treat signs of aging such as wrinkles, sun spots, and volume loss. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Profractional or Profractional XC treatment.
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
ProFractional™ laser therapy, an ablative fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment, smooths skin tone, skin texture, and enhances facial skin aesthetic. Vaporizing outer skin layers and stimulating collagen growth restores, refreshes, and rejuvenates the skin.