Minor Surgical Procedure
$2000 - $11000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is tumescent liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction is a fat reduction lipolysis solution utilizing tumescent fluid for easier, faster, and safer excess fat cell removal. Tumescent fluid is composed of lidocaine (a numbing agent), epinephrine (a vasoconstrictor that shrinks blood vessels), and saline (salt water). Tumescent fluid allows the liposuction procedure to be performed without general anesthesia, and reduces bleeding and recovery time. Tumescent liposuction can be performed in most areas of the body, and is typically combined with other energy forms for an assisted liposuction.
What cosmetic concerns does tumescent liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat is reduced with tumescent lipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction reduces rear upper arm fat collections.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing stubborn fat deposits contours the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Excess fat cell removal allows for body contouring.
- Leg Shape & Size: Tumescent Lipo lessens fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat collections from the neck and jaw to improve definition.
Who is the ideal candidate for a tumescent liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for tumescent liposuction is in generally good health with stubborn fat deposits resistant to diet and exercise, and has realistic expectations of the cosmetic procedure. Tumescent liposuction is not recommended for those with obesity or an unstable weight, certain medical conditions, or those without good skin elasticity.
What is the average recovery associated with a tumescent liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of acute downtime following tumescent liposuction. Bruising, soreness, and swelling lessen within the first 10 days, however, swelling can last four to six weeks. A compression garment will be worn for the first few days.
What are the potential side effects of a tumescent liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a tumescent liposuction include hot sensations at the treated area, swelling, redness, pain, muscle soreness, bruising, scars, infection, and itchiness at the treatment area.
What can someone expect from the results of a tumescent liposuction procedure?
The results of tumescent liposuction are noticeable following the procedure, however, they will further evolve over four to six weeks with reductions in the amount of swelling. Full results from the tumescent liposuction will be finalized over three to six months.
What is the average cost of a tumescent liposuction procedure?
A tumescent liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $11,000. The actual cost of tumescent liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Tumescent liposuction is a technique that was developed for improved patient outcome and recovery. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a tumescent liposuction procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Cannula inserted into incision and moved back and forth
- Cannula simultaneously dislodges and suctions away fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Tumescent liposuction is a plastic surgery procedure for fat removal and body contouring. Tumescent fluid combines lidocaine, epinephrine, and saline for a safer, quicker cosmetic procedure.