Minor Surgical Procedure
$1500 - $6000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is SmartLipo?
SmartLipo is a form of laser assisted lipolysis that combines heat energy with traditional liposuction techniques. SmartLipo can be considered a high definition liposuction procedure similar to Vaser. The heat energy delivered to fat cells makes for easier removal while also providing some skin tightening benefits to the treated area. SmartLipo is stated to have less recovery and side effects due to the less aggressive therapy from the laser energy. SmartLipo removes unwanted excess fat cells while also improving body contours.
What cosmetic concerns does SmartLipo treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be removed.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction reduces rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Lessening stubborn fat cells can further contour the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Targeted excess fat cell removal allows for body sculpting and defining.
- Gender Confirmation: Body contouring can be achieved through strategic lipo for a more authentic body aesthetic for both male to female (MTF) and female to male (FTM) patients.
- Leg Shape & Size: SmartLipo reduces fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat cells from the neck and jaw contours the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a SmartLipo procedure?
The ideal candidate for SmartLipo is an individual with exercise and diet resistant excess fat deposits, and/or moderate skin laxity. SmartLipo is not recommended for those with poor skin laxity, or those at an unhealthy or unstable weight.
What is the average recovery associated with a SmartLipo procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of downtime following SmartLipo. Bruising, swelling, and tenderness subside within 10 days, although swelling may last up to six weeks. A compression garment can be donned for the first few days depending on the treatment area.
To better understand the healing and downtime associated with the procedure, check out our complete guide to liposuction recovery.
What are the potential side effects of a SmartLipo procedure?
Possible side effects following SmartLipo include increased temperature at the treatment area, erythema, edema, thermal burns, discomfort, muscle soreness, bruising, and pruritis.
What can someone expect from the results of a SmartLipo procedure?
The results of SmartLipo are noticeable after the procedure, although they evolve as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full results from SmartLipo are seen three to six months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a SmartLipo procedure?
A SmartLipo procedure can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000. The actual cost of SmartLipo is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
- Skin Tightening
- Faster Healing
- Quick Recovery
- Fat Reduction
- Possibility Of Burns
What to Expect
During a SmartLipo procedure, a special probe is inserted into the treatment area that emits laser energy, melting fatty deposits for easier removal. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after SmartLipo.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Probe inserted which emits laser energy to break down fat
- Cannula inserted to suction away emulsified fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
SmartLipo is a fat removal and skin tightening cosmetic procedure for body sculpting and body contouring that uses laser energy to mitigate side effects and increase the efficacy of the cosmetic procedure.