$2500 - $5500
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is laser-assisted liposuction?
Laser-assisted liposuction is a fat reduction solution utilizing laser energy to emulsify fat for easier, faster removal along with mild skin tightening benefits. Laser-assisted liposuction includes brand named procedures SmartLipo and CoolLipo, and is sometimes referred to as a high definition liposuction. The laser energy reduces recovery time, and creates less surrounding tissue damage when compared to traditional liposuction.
What cosmetic concerns does laser-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be reduced with laser assisted lipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction lessens stubborn rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing stubborn fat cells can further contour the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Targeted excess fat cell removal allows for body contouring, sculpting, and defining.
- Leg Shape & Size: Laser Assisted Lipo can reduce fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat cells from the neck and jaw can contour the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a laser-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for laser-assisted liposuction has moderate skin laxity and stubborn fat deposits. Laser-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy or unstable weight, or those with loose, hanging skin.
What is the average recovery associated with a laser-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of acute side effects and downtime following a laser-assisted liposuction. Bruising, soreness, and swelling will lessen significantly within the first 10 days, however, swelling can persist for four to six weeks. A compression garment will be worn for the first few days.
What are the potential side effects of a laser-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a laser-assisted liposuction include hot sensations at the treatment site, redness, swelling, discomfort, muscle soreness, bruising, itchiness, and thermal burns.
What can someone expect from the results of a laser-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of laser-assisted liposuction are immediately visible following the procedure, however, they will continue to improve over four to six weeks as swelling subsides. Full effects of the laser-assisted liposuction will be seen three to six months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a laser-assisted liposuction procedure?
A laser-assisted liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $5,500. The actual cost of laser-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Laser assisted liposuction helps to melt fatty tissue for easier removal resulting in a less aggressive, quicker procedure. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a laser assisted liposuction procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Probe inserted which emits laser energy to break down fat
- Laser energy may be delivered at the tip of aspirating cannula instead
- Cannula inserted to suction away emulsified fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Laser-assisted liposuctionis a fat removal and skin tightening cosmetic procedure for body sculpting and body contouring.