$2600 - $8500
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
Radiofrequency-Assisted Liposuction (RFAL)
What is radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL)?
Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) is similar to traditional liposuction, however, the radiofrequency energy not only assists fat cell removal, but also provides skin tightening benefits. A popular brand name RFAL procedure is BodyTite™, and RFAL is sometimes referred to as a high definition liposuction (like a Vaser procedure). RF-assisted liposuction removes unwanted excess body fat, tightens the skin, and causes less surrounding tissue damage for faster recovery with less side effects.
What cosmetic concerns does radiofrequency-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be reduced and abdominal skin tightened.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction and RF energy tighten skin and lessen stubborn rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing stubborn fat cells can further contour the buttocks with added skin toning benefits.
- Excess Body Fat: Targeted excess fat cell removal with skin tightening allows for body contouring, sculpting, and defining.
- Leg Shape & Size: Tightening skin and reducing fat accumulations in the upper thighs to improve contours.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat cells from the neck and jaw can tighten skin and contour the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is an individual with exercise and diet resistant fat deposits, and moderate skin laxity. Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy or unstable weight, or those with poor skin laxity.
What is the average recovery associated with a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of downtime following a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction. Bruising, tenderness, and swelling begin to resolve in 10 days, although swelling persists up to six weeks. A compression garment may be advised for the first few days depending on the treated area.
What are the potential side effects of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction include temperature changes at the treatment area, redness, swelling (edema), thermal burns, discomfort, muscle soreness, bruising, and an itching sensation.
What can someone expect from the results of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of radiofrequency-assisted liposuction are noticeable following the procedure, however, they evolve further as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full results from the radiofrequency-assisted liposuction are seen six to 12 months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
A radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $2,600 to $8,500. The actual cost of radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Radiofrequency assisted liposuction not only helps to remove unwanted fat deposits, but also tightens the skin for improved body contours. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after RFAL treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Bodytite hand piece inserted delivering RF energy internally via the cannula and externally via an electrode
- Cannula moved back and forth in fanning motion to melt and suction away fat
- RF energy tightens skin
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is a fat removal and skin tightening cosmetic procedure for body sculpting and body contouring that uses RF energy to reduce side effects and increase efficacy.