Minor Surgical Procedure
$2000 - $8000
What is power-assisted liposuction?
Power-assisted liposuction is similar to traditional liposuction, however, a vibrating tipped cannula is used to assist fat cell breakdown and the fat removal process. Power-assisted liposuction is sometimes considered a form of high definition liposuction, like Vaser liposuction. The tool used in power-assisted liposuction breaks up fat cells and loosens the stubborn fat deposits for easier removal with less surrounding tissue damage. Power-assisted liposuction can be used for body contouring and body sculpting.
What cosmetic concerns does power-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be reduced with power assisted lipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction reduces stubborn rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Removing stubborn fat cells can further contour the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Targeted excess fat cell removal allows for body contouring and defining.
- Leg Shape & Size: Power Assisted Lipo can reduce fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Reducing fat cells in the neck and jaw can contour the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a power-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for power-assisted liposuction is a man or woman with exercise and diet resistant fat deposits. Power-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy or unstable weight, or individuals with poor skin laxity.
What is the average recovery associated with a power-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of acute downtime following a power-assisted liposuction. Bruising, soreness, and swelling begin to resolve within the first 10 days, although swelling can persist for up to six weeks. A compression garment is worn for the first few days depending on the treated area.
What are the potential side effects of a power-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a power-assisted liposuction include temperature changes at the treatment site, redness, edema, tenderness, muscle soreness, bruising, and itchiness.
What can someone expect from the results of a power-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of power-assisted liposuction are immediately noticeable following the procedure, however, they continue to improve as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full results from the power-assisted liposuction will be seen six to 12 months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a power-assisted liposuction procedure?
A Power Assisted Liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000. The actual cost of power-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Power assisted liposuction describes a method of liposuction that utilizes a cannula with a vibrating tip to break down dense deposits of fat quicker and easier for a faster recovery. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a power assisted liposuction procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Cannula with vibrating tip inserted into incision and moved back and forth
- Cannula simultaneously dislodges and suctions away fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Power-assisted liposuction is a fat removal cosmetic procedure for body sculpting and body contouring that uses vibrating tools to reduce side effects and increase the efficacy of the procedure.