Minor Surgical Procedure
$4500 - $10000
What is water jet-assisted liposuction?
Wwter jet-assisted liposuction is a fat reduction solution utilizing a saline spray to dislodge fat for easier, faster, and more efficient removal along. The saline spray loosens adipose (fat) tissue for a less aggressive removal process thereby creating less tissue damage and less recovery time.
This is unlike other assisted liposuction techniques like ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) or laser-assisted liposuction that may cause damage with thermal energies. Additionally, in the case of fat cell harvesting for re-implantation elsewhere, water jet-assisted liposuction is more gentle and harvests a greater number of healthy fat cells.
What cosmetic concerns does water jet-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat is reduced with water jet lipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Water Jet Lipo reduces rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Eliminating stubborn fat deposits refines the shape and size of the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Excess fat cell removal strategically contours the body.
- Leg Shape & Size: Lipo eliminates fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat cells from the neck and jaw improves definition.
Who is the ideal candidate for a water jet-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for water jet-assisted liposuction has stubborn fat deposits resistant to diet and exercise, realistic expectations of the procedure, and/or is seeking fat grafting for reimplantation. Water jet-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy or unstable weight, those with certain medical conditions, or those without adequate skin elasticity.
What is the average recovery associated with a water jet-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience one to two weeks of downtime following a water jet-assisted liposuction. Candidates generally return to work within five days. Bruising, pain, and swelling resolve over two weeks, and a compression garment may be recommended for up to two weeks. Some swelling may persist for four to six weeks.
What are the potential side effects of a water jet-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a water jet-assisted liposuction include hot sensations at the treatment site, erythema, edema, tenderness, myalgias, ecchymosis, scars, infection, and pruritus.
What can someone expect from the results of a water jet-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of water jet-assisted liposuction are visible following the cosmetic procedure, however, they will become more visible as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full effects of the water jet-assisted liposuction will be seen six to 12 months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a water jet-assisted liposuction procedure?
A water jet-assisted liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $4,500 to $10,000. The actual cost of water jet-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Water jet assisted liposuction introduces a gentle yet powerful spray to help dislodge fat cells during aspiration in order to harvest more tissue with less damage to surrounding areas. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a water jet assisted liposuction procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Cannula with saline spraying tip inserted into incision and moved back and forth
- Saline spray helps to dislodge fat while cannula suctions away tissue
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Water jet-assisted liposuction is a fat removal plastic surgery procedure for body contouring and excess fat removal. Saline spray loosens fat cells for a less aggressive fat removal solution with less swelling, pain, bruising, and recovery time.