Minor Surgical Procedure
$1500 - $10000
What is ultrasound-assisted liposuction?
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (a.k.a. Vaser liposuction) is a fat reduction plastic surgery procedure for body contouring, excess fat removal, and skin tightening. Ultrasound waves emulsify fat for simpler removal especially in areas of larger fat cell volume or fat deposit density. The ultrasound waves will also create some mild skin tightening and skin retraction benefits for improved aesthetic.
What cosmetic concerns does ultrasound-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat is eliminate with ultrasound lipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction lessens rear upper arm fat collections.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing stubborn fat deposits refines the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Excess fat cell removal creates body contouring.
- Leg Shape & Size: Ultrasound Lipo reduces fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: The neck and jaw can be contoured with ultrasound assisted lipo.
Who is the ideal candidate for an ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for ultrasound-assisted liposuction has stubborn fat deposits resistant to diet and exercise, realistic expectations, and good skin elasticity. Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy (obesity) or unstable weight, certain medical conditions or skin laxity.
What is the average recovery associated with an ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience one to two weeks of recovery time following an ultrasound-assisted liposuction. Bruising, pain, and swelling will lessen over two weeks, and a compression garment may be recommended for these two weeks. Swelling may persist for four to six weeks. Strenuous activity should be avoided for two to three weeks.
What are the potential side effects of an ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following an Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction include pain, inflammation, numbness, swelling, redness, muscle aches, bruising, scars, infection, and itchiness.
What can someone expect from the results of an ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of ultrasound-assisted liposuction are visible after the cosmetic procedure, however, they improve as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full effects of the ultrasound-assisted liposuction will be seen three to four months after the cosmetic surgery.
What is the average cost of an ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure?
An ultrasound-assisted liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $10,000. The actual cost of ultrasound-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
What to Expect
Ultrasound assisted liposuction emulsifies fat before it is suctioned from the treatment area for easier removal especially in areas with larger volumes or denser fat. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after an ultrasound assisted liposuction procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Probe inserted which emits ultrasound energy to break down fat
- Cannula inserted to suction away emulsified fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is a fat removal plastic surgery procedure for body contouring and excess fat removal. Ultrasound energy loosens fat cells for an easier fat removal solution with reduced swelling, pain, bruising, and recovery time.