Try on Restylane® Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$250 - $1498
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is Restylane®?
Restylane® by Galderma is a dermal filler composed of hyaluronic acid (HA) approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to correct common cosmetic concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, cheek area definition, and volume loss on the backs of the hands. Restylane® products are a collection of injectable gel hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers each targeted to a specific cosmetic concern and treatment area:
- Restylane® Silk: A highly precise, smooth injectable targeting the lips and fine lines around the mouth
- Restylane® Lyft: FDA-approved for the face (cheek augmentation and moderate-severe facial folds) and the back of the hands
- Restylane® Kysse: Indicated for a softer, plumper lip augmentation
- Restylane® Refyne: Targets the nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Restylane® Defyne: Targeted to deeper lines around the mouth
HA is a naturally occurring compound produced by the body. Hyaluronic acid pulls water into the injected area increasing volume and plumpness, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, and also stimulating the body’s own collagen production. Hyaluronic acid generally provides the most temporary results of common dermal fillers. Those seeking a more lasting procedure may consider alternative fillers such as Radiesse®, Sculptra®, and Bellafill®.
Where to Use Neurotoxin vs. Filler
What cosmetic concerns does Restylane® treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Restylane® products can be used to treat a range of age related skin changes, including moderate to severe facial wrinkles
- Aging Hands: Restylane® is the only FDA approved dermal filler for the backs of the hands
- Cheek Volume: Restylane® can be used to augment the appearance of the cheek improving the contour and definition
- Lip Size: Restylane® is one of the most popular hyaluronic acid-based fillers to temporarily augment the size and shape of the lips.
- Aging & Tired Eyes: Those dealing with dark circles and under eye bags may get HA filler injections to plump, smooth, and brighten the under-eye area.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Restylane® injections along the jawline can contour the jaw and improve the appearance and definition of the neck and jaw.
- Nose Shape: A so-called liquid rhinoplasty involves injecting the nose area with hyaluronic acid-based filler to refine the shape, size, and overall appearance.
- Chin Shape & Size: HA-based fillers can be used to augment the chin and improve protrusion.
- Ear Shape & Size: Restylane® injections in the soft tissue of the ear can be used to define, refine, and contour the ear shape and size.
- Aging Hands: For patients dealing with age-related volume loss, HA filler can be injected to restore a more youthful appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for Restylane®?
The ideal candidate for Restylane® injections is over 21 years old and looking for a well practiced and effective temporary solution to common cosmetic concerns. Restylane® is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing, anyone with an allergy to the components of Restylane®, and those with certain bleeding disorders.
What is the average recovery associated with Restylane®?
Most patients experience minimal recovery time with some swelling, tenderness, and redness at the injection site lasting no more than 24 hours. For some, swelling may persist for a few days. Many individuals resume almost all normal activities immediately following the procedure.
What are the potential side effects of Restylane®?
Mild, common side effects of Restylane® injections include skin redness, dryness, and flaking. Firmess, tenderness, itchiness, lumps, bumps, possible site infection, and/or bruising and discoloration may occur. A serious complication of a Restylane® injection is intravascular injection (injection into a blood vessel) leading to skin necrosis. Severe allergic reactions can occur.
What can someone expect from the results of Restylane®?
Restylane® results are typically noticeable immediately after one to two initial sessions. Maintenance treatments are usually necessary every six to 18 months depending on the treatment area, Restylane® formulation used, and candidate.
What is the average cost of Restylane®?The average cost of Restylane® is $250 to $1,500. The actual cost of the injection will vary by procedure, location, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and individual candidate needs. Learn more in our [complete guide to Restylane® cost](https://aedit.com/procedure/restylane/cost).
- Immediate Results
- Minimally Invasive
- Reversible With Hyaluronidase
- Temporary Results
- Possible Asymmetry
- Reoccurring Expense
What to Expect
Restylane® injections are simple, outpatient procedures with minimal side effects and downtime. Here is a general guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Restylane® injection:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications one day prior to surgery. Blood thinners may include Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and prescription anticoagulants.
- No alcohol one day before the procedure
- Reschedule if a rash, cold sore, or other lesion develops
- Topical local anesthetic applied to site of injection
- Injections (a combination of hyaluronic acid and lidocaine) are made in predetermined areas
Immediately After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure, alcohol, strenuous activity, and makeup application for 24 hours following the injections
- Avoid touching or excessive movement of the treated area
- Sleep in an elevated position