Try on Belotero® Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$250 - $1498
What is Belotero®?
Belotero® is an injectable temporary dermal filler by Merz Pharmaceuticals that is composed of hyaluronic acid (HA). Belotero® is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to correct common cosmetic concerns including fine lines and wrinkles and chin, temple, and cheek-area definition.
Where to Use Neurotoxin vs. Filler
Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popularly used dermal fillers in the U.S. and are well-studied for their safety and efficacy. Belotero® by Merz is a product line of injectable gel hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers uniquely targeted to a specific cosmetic concern and treatment area:
- Belotero® Soft for perioral (a.k.a. smoker) lines
- Belotero® Balance for moderate perioral lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, and the oral commissures
- Belotero® Intense for deep nasolabial folds and oral commissures, and marionette folds
- Belotero® Volume for cheeks, temples, and chin
- Belotero® Lips for lip shape and contour
- Belotero® Revive the newest HA formulation for fine lines
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring compound produced in nature and by the human body. Hyaluronic acid pulls water into the injected area to increase volume and plumpness, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and stimulate the body’s own collagen production. Hyaluronic acid is considered the most temporary of the dermal fillers. For those seeking more lasting results, alternative products such as Radiesse®, Sculptra®, and Bellafill® may be considered.
What cosmetic concerns does Belotero® treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Belotero® products can be used to treat mild to severe fine lines, wrinkles, and folds.
- Cheek Volume: Belotero® can be used to improve the contour and definition of the cheeks.
- Chin Shape & Size: The filler can be used to define the chin and jawline.
- Lip Size: Belotero® is a hyaluronic acid-based filler that can temporarily augment the size and shape of the lips.
- Aging & Tired Eyes: Those dealing with dark circles and under eye bags may get HA filler injections to plump, smooth, and brighten the under-eye area.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Belotero® injections along the jawline can contour the jaw and improve the appearance and definition of the neck and jaw.
- Ear Shape & Size: Belotero® injections in the soft tissue of the ear can be used to define, refine, and contour the ear shape and size.
- Nose Shape: A so-called liquid rhinoplasty involves injecting the nose area with hyaluronic acid-based filler to refine the shape, size, and overall appearance.
- Aging Hands: For patients dealing with age-related volume loss, HA filler can be injected to restore a more youthful appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for Belotero®?
The ideal candidate for Belotero® injections is over 18 years old and looking for a proven effective temporary solution to common facial cosmetic concerns. Belotero® is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing, anyone with an allergy to the components of Belotero®, proclivity to scarring and skin inflammation, and those with certain immunologic disorders.
What is the average recovery associated with Belotero®?
Most individual candidates experience minimal recovery with swelling, tenderness, and redness at the injection site lasting about 24 hours. For some patients, swelling may persist for a few days. Many resume almost all normal activities directly following the injections.
What are the potential side effects of Belotero®?*
Common side effects of Belotero® injections are redness, dryness, and flaking. Firmess, tenderness, itchiness, lumps, bumps, possible site infection, and/or bruising and discoloration may occur. A serious complication of a Belotero® injection is intravascular injection (injection into a blood vessel) leading to skin necrosis. Severe allergic reactions can occur.
What can someone expect from the results of Belotero®?
Belotero® results are immediately noticeable. Maintenance treatments are generally necessary every six to 24 months depending on the treatment area, Belotero® formulation used, and individual candidate.
What is the average cost of Belotero®?
The average cost of Belotero® is $250 to $1,500. The actual cost of the injection will vary by procedure, location, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and individual candidate needs. Learn more in our complete guide to Belotero® cost.
- Immediate Results
- Minimally Invasive
- Reversible With Hyaluronidase
- Temporary Results
- Possible Asymmetry
- Reoccurring Expense
What to Expect
Belotero® injections are simple, outpatient procedures with minimal side effects and downtime. Here is a general guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Belotero® injection:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications one day prior to surgery. Blood thinners may include Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and prescription anticoagulants.
- No alcohol one day before the procedure
- Reschedule if a rash, cold sore, or other lesion develops
- Topical local anesthetic applied to site of injection
- Injections (a combination of hyaluronic acid and lidocaine) are made in predetermined areas
Immediately After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure, alcohol, strenuous activity, and makeup application for 24 hours following the injections
- Avoid touching or excessive movement of the treated area
- Sleep in an elevated position