Stacy Spizuoco, DDS
Cosmetic DentistryAVAILABLE VIRTUALLY
Dental Practitioner DDS, FACD and Clinical Instructor at Columbia University College of Dental MedicineNew York, NY
Top procedures of expertise
Meet Dr. Stacy Spizuoco
With AEDIT, easily request a consultation with Dr. Stacy Spizuoco, one of our elite providers.
A native New Yorker, Dr. Spizuoco completed her DDS and Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency from NYU and was a clinical instructor at Columbia College of Dental Medicine for 10 years. She uses her talent to give back by organizing bi-annual dental missions with World of Smiles to Dominican Republic and volunteering at local missions such as Give Kids A Smile Day.
A local and national speaker and published writer, Dr. Spizuoco is a fellow of the American College of Dentistry and invited to be an inaugural member of the Glidewell Guiding Leaders program. She is also a member of the American Association of Women Dentists and of the Women to Women Dental Network. Dr. Spizuoco is also Treasurer of the NY Academy of Dentistry.
Outside of dentistry, she enjoys jewelry making, pottery, painting, design, running half marathons, spinning, yoga, snowboarding, surfing, swimming, cooking, travel, and animals… especially her two Chihuahuas
Professional & Academic Titles
- Dental Practitioner DDS, FACD and Clinical Instructor at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Cosmetic Dentistry
Years of Experience
- 17 years of experience
Experience and Expertise
Dr. Stacy Spizuoco's Top Procedures
Dr. Stacy Spizuoco has 7 Befores & Afters for 2 Procedures
See all befores & afters
Learn more about the procedures performed by Dr. Spizuoco
Learn more about the concerns addressed by Dr. Spizuoco
Questions and Answers
Tooth stains can be caused by foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, soy sauce, tomato sauce. Basically anything that can stain your white shirt. Smoking can also cause teeth staining as well as poor oral hygiene.
Clear aligners are custom mouth trays that straighten teeth by applying light pressure. Depending on how much straightening the teeth need, that determines the number of different trays you will need to wear.
Invisalign is a clear aligner therapy used to straighten teeth. The length of time you will have to wear the aligners is due to how much straightening your teeth need.
Sometimes teeth look longer as you age. This is due to gum recession. Gum recession is a natural occurrence as you age because your jaws lose a small amount of bone with time and the gums follow the bone. There are many treatments and procedures your dentist can recommend to fix and prevent this.
There are several ways to make teeth look bigger. A dentist can recommend certain procedures such as veneers / crowns, bondings and even gum treatments.
Teeth whitening does not damage teeth but may make them sensitive. The sensitivity can be combatted by using fluoride toothpaste, gel me rinses. Also most professional bleaching products have fluoride in them as well as potassium nitrate which soothes the tooth nerve.
Gaps in teeth (diastemas) can be most likely be closed at any time. However there may be certain factors that need to be considered such as bone loss, jaw size and adequate space in the mouth. A dentist will need to take x-rays and impressions to make this determination and discuss viable treatments.
I fell in love with dentistry because it’s a unique combination of art and science that calls for creativity and technical dexterity. Having the ability to bridge this divide by providing esthetic dental solutions is my passion and purpose in life.
Stacy Spizuoco, DDS
Practice and Location
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentist, New York University College of Dentistry, May 2004
- NYU College of Dentistry (2003)
- Binghamton University (1999)
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- American Association for Women
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American College of Dentistry Fellow
- American Dental Association
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, Fall Meeting Lecture
- Cosmetics and Dentistry Lecture
- Dental Outreach Program to Dominican Republic with World of Smiles
- Glidewell Guiding Leaders Inaugural Class
- Greater NY Dental Meeting Leadership Lecture
- New York Academy of Dentistry Treasurer
- New York County Dental Society
- New York State Dental Association
- Oral Pathology Lecture
- Past Chair Ethics Committee, Humanitarian Outreach Committee
- Women to Women Dentist Network
- NY (2004 - 2021)
- Chief Resident A.E.G.D. Award
- Dean’s List Recognition, Binghamton University
- Dentist Award of the Year
- Foreign Language Honor Society, Phi Sigma Iota
- Honors Faculty Practice, NYUCD
- Invisalign Advanced Silver Level Provider
- Invisalign Certification I and II
- NYSDA Three Hundred Hours of Dental Service Recognition Certificate
- Pediatric Dental Honors Program, NYUCD