Dr. Lori Kathryn Howell is an assistant professor of plastic and reconstructive surgery and pediatric plastic surgery at USC Keck School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Dr. Howell serves as the director of the Facial Paralysis Center at CHLA where she has built a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the facial rehabilitation of children afflicted with varying degrees of facial paralysis. In addition, she is co-director of the Vascular Anomalies Program at CHLA.
Her areas of clinic expertise include pediatric plastic surgery, cleft lip and palate surgery, facial paralysis, pediatric microvascular surgery, vascular anomalies, congenital nevi, microtia and adult craniofacial and lower extremity reconstructive surgery.
She received an undergraduate degree in finance from the University of Texas Austin and a medical degree with honors from the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston. Dr. Howell completed a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital/University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center and a residency in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at the University of Illinois Medical Center Chicago where she was the recipient of the Alpha Omega Alpha Outstanding Teaching Award and the Humanitarian in Medicine Award. Fellowships were completed in craniofacial surgery at Stanford University and in craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles4650 Sunset BoulevardLos Angeles, CA 90027
Education & Training
- Undergraduate School: The University of Texas at Austin
- Graduate School: The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital/University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, University of Illinois Medical Center Chicago
- Fellowships Trained In: Other
- Fellowship Hospitals: Stanford University, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center
Awards & Recognitions
- Outstanding Teaching Award
- Humanitarian in Medicine Award
AEDIT is taking the stigma out of plastic surgery, cosmetic procedures and injectables. Welcome to the future of beauty - The AEDITORsend it to your mobile device