$300 - $5000
What is SkinTyte™?
SkinTyte™ by Sciton is a non-invasive minor cosmetic procedure used to address skin laxity concerns as well as irregular pigmentation and texture. The infrared energy used in Skintyte naturally promotes collagen and elastin production in the body to tighten, firm, and plump skin. The refreshed, rejuvenated, and youthful appearance following a SkinTyte™ procedure will develop over time as the body's natural healing process occurs.
What cosmetic concerns does SkinTyte™ treat?
- Facial Skin Laxity: Infrared energy used in SkinTyte™ stimulates the body’s healing response for new collagen and elastin production in the treated area of the body.
- Neck & Jawline Definition: An increase in collagen and elastin production can help firm the neck and jawline.
Who is the ideal candidate for a SkinTyte™ procedure?
The ideal candidate for a SkinTyte™ procedure is of any skin type and has mild skin laxity, fine lines, irregular pigmentation, or undesirable skin texture. SkinTyte™ is not recommended for those with autoimmune disorders, those who have taken Accutane in the past six months, women who are pregnant, or those who cannot limit sun exposure following the treatment.
What is the average recovery associated with a SkinTyte™ procedure?
Downtime following a SkinTyte™ procedure is generally minimal lasting no more than a few days. Some mild swelling, bruising, and discomfort may occur. Patients may return to normal activity immediately following the treatment, but are advised to limit sun exposure.
What are the potential side effects of a SkinTyte™ procedure?
Possible side effects of a SkinTyte™ procedure include pain, redness, bruising, swelling, and mild blistering.
What can someone expect from the results of a SkinTyte™ procedure?
The results of a SkinTyte™ treatment will evolve over several months with multiple treatments. Once the desired results have been achieved, candidates typically pursue maintenance treatments yearly.
What is the average cost of a SkinTyte™ procedure?
A SkinTyte™ procedure can cost anywhere from $300 to $5,000. The actual cost of SkinTyte™ is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
What to Expect
Skintyte is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes infrared light to address skin laxity and sagging. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Skintyte treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 1 week
- Reschedule treatment if there are any open wounds, blisters, or infections on treatment area
- Men with facial hair should shave the day of treatment
- Gel will be applied over the treatment area
- The hand piece will be applied to the treatment area, delivering infrared energy to the skin in rapid pulses
- Patients may experience a warming sensation during treatment
- Treatment sessions typically last less than 1 hour
Immediately After Treatment
- No special measures need to be taken after a Skintyte treatment
- Return to normal activity
SkinTyte™ is a non-invasive skin tightening and skin firming procedure that uses infrared technology to promote the body's natural healing process and enhance collagen and elastin production.