Try on Non-Ablative Non-Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$1031 - $1144
What is non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing?
A non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure is a form of laser resurfacing. The non-ablative laser aspect utilizes non-wounding laser therapy (unlike ablative lasers, which destroy skin cells in the dermis), and the non-fractional laser treatment aspect signifies the treatment is spread across a large treatment area. On the contrary, fractionated laser treatments therapy is targeted.
Non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure treatments stimulate new collagen formation and tightens/tone the skin. Common non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure include: 1319nm pulsed energy laser Thermascan, the 1320 nm Nd: YAG laser CoolTouch CT3Plus, Harmony XL the 1450nm diode laser Smoothbeam and the 1054 Nd:YAG Laser Genesis.
What cosmetic concerns does a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen production can smooth and fill in fine lines and wrinkles for improved skin appearance.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen stimulation increases facial firmness and tone.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Abnormally pigmented skin cells are eliminated and more uniformly pigmented cells are exposed.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Collections of dead skin cells and sebum buildup are cleared to allow for smoother texture.
- Rosacea: Cells affected by rosacea are eliminated from the top skin cell layers and new healthy layers are exposed.
- Melasma: Areas of hyperpigmentation are eliminated and new cell growth occurs with more consistent pigmentation.
- Acne Scars: Dead scar tissue is removed and new healthy skin is encouraged to grow in its place.
- Mommy Makeover: Laser energy can help to remove larger areas of hyperpigmentation or scarring following pregnancy.
Who is the ideal candidate for a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure?
The ideal candidate for a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure has skin that is sun damaged, fine lines/wrinkles, skin laxity, unevenness of skin tone or texture, or some types of precancerous skin growths. Non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure is not recommended for those with certain skin types or dark skin tones as there is significant risk of hypopigmentation (areas of low skin pigment).
What is the average recovery associated with a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of downtime following a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure. Red and raw skin with some swelling usually occurs following laser resurfacing treatments. Thick, hydrating ointments, good skin care, cool compresses, and limiting sun exposure can help with recovery time. Makeup can be worn after two days.
What are the potential side effects of a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure?
Potential side effects following a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure include burns or skin damage, scarring, irregular areas of hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, cold sore reactivation, bacterial skin infections, and milia (white bumps).
What can someone expect from the results of a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure?
The results of a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure will develop progressively over a series of laser resurfacing treatments. Patients should limit excessive sun exposure and wear sunscreen to lessen the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The results will be subject to age related changes and sun damage as time progresses.
What is the average cost of a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure?
A non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure procedure can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $1,200. The actual cost of a non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Skin Smoothing
- Skin Tightening
- Less Invasive Than Ablative Resurfacing
- Less Recovery Time
- Pigment Changes Are Possible
- Can Exacerbate Skin Disorders
- Longer Recovery Time
- Less Effective
What to Expect
Non-fractional non-ablative laser skin resurfacing is a technique used to remove older, pigmented skin layer by layer to reveal new skin underneath. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after non-fractional non-ablative skin resurfacing.
- Minimal preparation is needed
- Wear sunscreen daily for 1 month prior
- Topical or local anesthetic
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Results are gradual and progressive
- May take upwards of 10 sessions to see desired results
- Wrinkles and signs of aging will reappear with time
A non-ablative non-fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure provides noticeable improvements to skin tone, skin texture, and facial appearance. By promoting new collagen production, and remodeling and tightening skin appearance, non-ablative non-fractional lasers restore, refresh, and rejuvenate skin aesthetic.