Amy Spizuoco, DO, FAOCD
Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist, Vice President of the American Osteopathic College of DermatologyNew York, NY
Top procedures of expertise
Dr. Amy Spizuoco is a board certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist. She did her undergraduate training at SUNY Binghamton, majoring in Italian and Biology. She then went to medical school at the NY College of Osteopathic Medicine.
After medical school, she completed her dermatology residency at LECOM/Alta Dermatology in Arizona. During that time she studied skin cancer surgery, pediatric dermatology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and attended Dermatology Grand Rounds at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
After residency, Dr. Spizuoco went back to NY to complete a dermatopathology fellowship at the Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology.
Dr. Spizuoco has been practicing medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology, as well as dermatopathology in Manhattan for 8 years.
She is the 1st Vice President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology and is an Associate Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Professional & Academic Titles
- Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist, Vice President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cosmetic Surgery
Years of Experience
- 8 years of experience
- American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
Experience and Expertise
Dr. Amy Spizuoco's Top Procedures
Dr. Amy Spizuoco has 12 Befores & Afters for 6 Procedures
See all befores & afters
Learn more about the procedures performed by Dr. Spizuoco
Learn more about the concerns addressed by Dr. Spizuoco
Questions and Answers
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a three-step medical treatment in which a person’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the treated area. It is thought that PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and maintain it by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle and increasing the thickness of the hair shaft. PRP injections for the face can improve skin's texture, elasticity and youthfulness, and decrease fine lines and wrinkles. PRP treatments can be enhanced when combined with microneedling.
Dermal fillers, sometimes called soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness. Substances used in dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid, which is found in some fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin. Facial fillers are synthetic or naturally occurring substances injected into the lines, folds, and tissues of the face to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and restore the facial fullness that decreases with age. These injectables are also called dermal fillers, injectable implants, wrinkle fillers, and soft-tissue fillers. They’re used to erase smile lines, plump up cheeks and lips, and correct acne scars.
Lasers and light devices are used to treat a diverse population of patient concerns. Each laser uses a different wavelength of light specifically designed to target skin conditions, such as: scars, acne pock marks, stretch marks, saggy skin, sun damage and other pigmentation issues, birthmarks, large facial pores, and broken capillaries and blood vessels.
Microneedling is a method of introducing a controlled wound into the skin triggering a release of natural growth factors, new collagen & elastin. Microneedling addresses most major skin concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, aging, sun damaged skin, peri-oral rhytides, melasma, hyperpigmentation issues, acne scarring and rough texture.
Be True To Your Skin
Amy Spizuoco, DO, FAOCD
Practice and Location
- Dermatologist, Alta Dermatology Program, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mar 2010
- NYIT College Of Osteopathic Medicine (2005)
- Binghamton University (1999)
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- American Society of MOHS Surgeons
- Women's Dermatologic Society
- America's Most Honored Professionals
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors Exceptional Women in Medicine
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors New York
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors New York Dermatology
- Top Doctors Make A Difference Castle Connolly Top Doctors NYC Metro Area
- Vitals Patient Choice Award