$150 - $2700
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is VelaShape®?
VelaShape® is a noninvasive cellulite reduction procedure combining multiple treatment techniques for body contouring and less dimpling. The VelaShape® handheld device emits infrared light and RF energy to melt fat cells and promote collagen production. The tissue mobilization comes from a vacuum and rollers to reduce connective tissue fibrous bands, and stimulate lymphatic drainage and blood circulation.
The Anatomy of Cellulite
Typically four to six initial treatments will be needed for the desired result, and maintenance every three months will be needed for upkeep. VelaShape® differs from VelaSmooth in that it is an updated and improved treatment system.
What cosmetic concerns does a VelaShape® procedure treat?
- Cellulite: VelaShape® combines the fat cell destroying and collagen stimulating properties of infrared light and radiofrequency energy with the circulatory advantages of tissue mobilization techniques for fat cell elimination, connective tissue fibrous band softening, fewer dimples, and tighter skin.
Who is the ideal candidate for a VelaShape® procedure?
The ideal candidate for a VelaShape® procedure is in generally good health, at a stable, healthy weight, has no active skin infections, and is seeking cellulite reduction. VelaShape® is not recommended for women who are pregnant or individuals with implanted medical devices or other metal implants.
What is the average recovery associated with a VelaShape® procedure?
There is no downtime associated with a VelaShape® treatment, and most individuals resume regular activities directly following the cosmetic treatment. Candidates are encouraged to drink plenty of water to maximize results following the treatment.
What are the potential side effects of a VelaShape® procedure?
Possible side effects following a VelaShape® procedure include tingling, localized warmth, redness, and bruising. These side effects typically resolve quickly after the treatment.
What can someone expect from the results of a VelaShape® procedure?
The results of a VelaShape® procedure will develop over a series of four to six initial treatments. The results are temporary and maintenance treatments are typically needed every three months.
What is the average cost of a VelaShape® procedure?VelaShape® can cost anywhere from $150 to $2,700. The actual cost of VelaShape® is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
- Fewer Treatment Sessions
- Reduced Cellulite
- Multiple Treatments
- Temporary Results
- Maintenance Treatments Necessary
What to Expect
VelaShape is a cellulite reduction method that uses a combination of radiofrequency energy, infrared light, vacuum, and massage. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a VelaShape treatment.
- Little preparation is needed prior to treatment
- Advised to stop taking blood thinning medications 2 weeks before a treatment session
- No anesthesia needed
- VelaShape hand piece guided over treatment area
- Hand piece emits RF energy and infrared light while simultaneously massaging and vacuuming the skin
- Treatment sessions last 20-45 minutes
Immediately After Treatment
- Minor and temporary redness or bruising
- Immediately return to all normal activities
VelaShape® is a cellulite reduction treatment that is noninvasive and used to destroy excess fat cells, and also stimulate collagen production for body contouring through reduced appearance of cellulite.