$75 - $3000
What is VelaSmooth™?
VelaSmooth™ is a noninvasive cellulite reduction procedure combining multiple treatment modalities for body contouring and reduced dimpling.
The Anatomy of Cellulite
The VelaSmooth™ handheld device uses infrared light and RF energy to melt fat cells and also stimulate collagen production. The tissue mobilization involves a vacuum and rollers to soften connective tissue fibrous bands, and encourage lymphatic drainage and circulation. Multiple initial treatments will be needed to achieve the desired result, and monthly maintenance will be needed for upkeep.
What cosmetic concerns does VelaSmooth™ treat?
- Cellulite: VelaSmooth™ combines the fat cell emulsifying and collagen stimulating properties of infrared light and RF energy with the blood circulation advantages of tissue mobilization for fat cell removal, connective tissue fibrous band destruction, fewer dimples, and skin tightening.
Who is the ideal candidate for VelaSmooth™?
The ideal candidate for a VelaSmooth™ procedure is in generally good health, has no active skin infections, and is seeking cellulite reduction. VelaSmooth is not recommended for women who are pregnant or those with implanted medical devices or other metal implants.
What is the average recovery associated with a VelaSmooth™ procedure?
There is no downtime associated with a VelaSmooth™ treatment, and most candidates resume all activities immediately following the procedure. Patients are encouraged to stay hydrated to maximize results following the treatment.
What are the potential side effects of a VelaSmooth™ procedure?
Possible side effects following a VelaSmooth™ procedure include redness, tingling, localized warmth, and bruising. These side effects, however, typically resolve quickly after the procedure.
What can someone expect from the results of a VelaSmooth™ procedure?
The results of a VelaSmooth™ procedure will develop over a series of eight to 16 initial treatments. The results will begin to develop after three to four treatments. Maintenance treatments are typically needed monthly.
What is the average cost of a VelaSmooth™ procedure?
VelaSmooth™ can cost anywhere from $100 to $3,000. The actual cost of VelaSmooth™ is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
What to Expect
VelaSmooth reduces the appearance of cellulite by using radiofrequency and infrared energy combined with physical tissue manipulation. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a VelaSmooth treatment.
- Little preparation is needed prior to treatment
- Advised to stop taking blood thinning medications 2 weeks before a treatment session
- No anesthesia needed
- VelaSmooth hand piece guided over treatment area
- Hand piece emits RF energy and infrared light while simultaneously massaging and vacuuming the skin
- Treatment sessions last 30-45 minutes
Immediately After Treatment
- Minor and temporary redness or bruising
- Immediately return to all normal activities
VelaSmooth™ is a noninvasive cellulite reduction treatment to eliminate fat cells and stimulate collagen production for a reduced appearance of cellulite and improved body contouring.