$2000 - $10000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is a thigh lift?
A thigh lift is a plastic surgery procedure to refine, define, and contour the appearance of the upper leg. In a thigh lift, a plastic surgeon will remove excess skin, excess fat, and reposition underlying tissue to lessen the appearance of sagging skin due to natural aging or massive weight loss.
A thigh lift will tighten and contour the inner thighs and outer thighs, while also reducing the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. It is common for a thigh lift to be performed with an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) or butt lift as a lower body "body lift" for enhanced body contouring.
What cosmetic concerns does a thigh lift procedure treat?
- Leg Shape & Size: Excision of excess skin, loose skin, excess fat, and alterations to underlying tissues during a thigh lift cosmetic surgery enhances the contours and appearance of the upper leg.
- Mommy Makeover: A thigh lift can restore the skin tightness of the upper leg following the soft tissue changes of pregnancy.
Who is the ideal candidate for a thigh lift procedure?
The ideal candidate for a thigh lift is in good general health, follows a healthy lifestyle, is at a stable weight and has sagging, excessive upper leg skin due to aging or significant weight loss. A thigh lift is not recommended for those at an unstable weight who would benefit from weight loss or those with certain chronic medical conditions.
What is the average recovery associated with a thigh lift procedure?
The recovery time following a thigh lift surgery is typically a few weeks. Care will need to be taken in the first one to two weeks to not sit on the incisions or stretch the thigh tissue. Most patients return to work within two to three weeks. Compressive bandages will need to be worn for four weeks. Exercise can typically be restarted six to eight weeks post op.
What are the potential side effects of a thigh lift procedure?
Possible side effects following a thigh lift procedure include bleeding, poor wound healing, bruising, tightness, numbness, seroma, asymmetry, scarring, discoloration, infection, blood clot formation, fat necrosis, or need for revision surgery.
What can someone expect from the results of a thigh lift procedure?
The results of thigh lift are permanent and immediately visible enhancements to the shape, size, and contour of the upper leg including the inner thigh and the outer thigh. The results may be affected by significant weight gain or pregnancy.
What is the average cost of a thigh lift procedure?
A thigh lift can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000. The actual cost of a thigh lift is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
- Immediate Results
- Improved Skin Quality
- Improved Skin Appearance
- Improved Skin Feel
- More Surgery
What to Expect
A thigh lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the upper leg for a smoother contour to the lower body. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a thigh lift.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications 4 weeks prior
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after the procedure
- Stool softeners should be started 2 days before surgery
- No eating or drinking 8 hours before surgery
- General anesthesia
- Incision patterns vary depending on needs of the patient
- Liposuction may be performed
- Redundant, sagging skin removed
- Deep sutures placed within underlying tissues
- Additional sutures and skin adhesive tapes to close skin incisions
- Patients wrapped in compressive garments after surgery
Immediately After Treatment
- Mild to moderate discomfort
- Swelling and bruising
A thigh lift is a surgical procedure to remove excess skin, loose skin, and excess fat from the thighs for improved body contouring.