$2000 - $10000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is a butt lift?
A buttock lift is a plastic surgery procedure to improve the appearance and contours of the buttocks, and by extension improve body contouring. Excess skin and skin sagging due to aging or significant weight loss can be addressed through a butt lift procedure.
Often a butt lift is combined with other cosmetic procedures such as a liposuction of excess fat with fat transfer for buttock augmentation to further refine and define the butt contours; this type of procedure is known as a Brazilian butt lift. To perform a Brazilian butt lift procedure a good candidate must have enough fat cells for fat grafting.
What cosmetic concerns does a butt lift procedure treat?
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Excision of sagging and excess skin is combined with strategic suturing for internal supports to firm, tighten, and contour the shape of the buttocks during a buttock lift.
- Mommy Makeover: A butt lift can restore the volume and tone of the butt following the weight and hormonal changes of pregnancy.
Who is the ideal candidate for a butt lift procedure?
The ideal candidate for a butt lift is in generally good health seeking to enhance the contours and appearance of the buttocks. A butt lift is not recommended for those looking to augment butt volume, or those with certain chronic health conditions.
What is the average recovery associated with a butt lift procedure?
Complete recovery from a butt lift procedure can take six months to one year, however, the acute recovery period typically lasts three to four weeks. Most patients are able to return to work and normal activities after two to three weeks. Drains and a compression garment will be used for several days after the procedure.
What are the potential side effects of a butt lift procedure?
Possible side effects following a butt lift include bruising, infection, numbness, asymmetry, pain, deep vein thrombosis, and need for revision surgery.
What can someone expect from the results of a butt lift procedure?
The results of a butt lift procedure are immediately noticeable and permanent improvements to the appearance and contours of the butt. The final results will evolve within 12 months. They will be affected by significant weight changes.
What is the average cost of a butt lift procedure?
A butt lift can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000. The actual cost of butt lift is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of a butt lift.
What to Expect
A butt lift surgery removes excess, drooping skin caused by aging or significant weight loss. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a butt lift procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications 4 weeks before and after
- Start taking stool softeners two days before surgery
- Do not take diabetic medications the morning of surgery
- No eating or drinking for 8 hours prior
- General or local anesthesia with sedation
- Incisions made either horizontally below the waistline, in a V-pattern above the cheeks, or beneath each buttock
- Excess skin removed
- Deep sutures placed for support and to create new contours
- Sutures and adhesives to close
- Dressings and drains applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Bruising and swelling
- Moderate pain
A buttock lift is a cosmetic surgery to enhance the shape of the buttocks and improve body contouring through removal of excess skin. This procedure can be combined with a fat transfer for further enhancements. This is known as a Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery.