Steven Pearlman, MD
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive SurgeryAVAILABLE VIRTUALLY
Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Director for the Center for Aesthetic Facial Surgery for the New York Head and Neck Institute of the Northshore LIJ Northwell Hospital SystemNew York, NY
Top procedures of expertise
Meet Dr. Steven Pearlman
With AEDIT, easily request a consultation with Dr. Steven Pearlman, one of our elite providers.
Dr. Steven J. Pearlman is a distinguished Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon, educator, and humanitarian with a wide range of professional credentials. He has extensive clinical and academic ba...
Professional & Academic Titles
- Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Director for the Center for Aesthetic Facial Surgery for the New York Head and Neck Institute of the Northshore LIJ Northwell Hospital System
- Clinical Professor at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Years of Experience
- 34 years of experience
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Experience and Expertise
Learn more about the procedures performed by Dr. Pearlman
Learn more about the concerns addressed by Dr. Pearlman
Questions and Answers
Dr. Pearlman's facelift surgery improves signs of aging to restore a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance. Facelift techniques can correct sagging facial tissue, such as jowls along the jawline, drooping skin under the chin (“turkey neck”), descending cheeks, and deep creases from the outer nostrils to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds). This facial plastic surgery procedure achieves a natural, beautifully revitalized version of yourself.
Rhinoplasty can refine different parts of the nose for individuals who are dissatisfied with the appearance and function of their noses, including: Shape, Angle, Width, Structure, and other nasal features Dr. Pearlman also frequently instructs other surgeons on both primary and revision rhinoplasty, lecturing on the most up-to-date techniques used for nose surgery around the world. He is dual certified in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and in Head and Neck Surgery
The shape and position of the internal structures of the nose have a tremendous effect on the patient’s ability to breathe. Patients who have difficulty breathing through their nose can undergo Dr. Pearlman's New York rhinoplasty surgery to straighten a crooked wall between the two sides of the nose. This procedure, known as septoplasty, can straighten a crooked septum to improve the nasal airway without altering the outward appearance of the nose. If desired, septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be combined (known as septorhinoplasty) to improve both the function and aesthetics of the nose.
Ear Surgery can treat children and adults with the following: Protruding ears, Lop ears when the top of the ears droops down, Constricted ears, excessively small or cupped ears, Microtia unformed ears Split earlobes, torn or split earring holes
The Piezo Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty technique is a significant advance in custom nose surgery. After years of development and testing in Europe, Piezo-powered Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty is now available in New York City. Dr. Pearlman is one of the first surgeons in the U.S. to use this groundbreaking surgical tool to precisely sculpt and reduce nasal bony humps and replace the traditional “hammer and chisel” technique for altering the structure of the nasal bones. The Piezo device precisely pares down the nasal hump, layer by layer, with a high-frequency oscillating tool.
Dr. Pearlman specializes in many different ethnicities and backgrounds for ethnic rhinoplasty. He understands the subtle differences in anatomy that can often be confused by the undiscerning eye. He specializes in the following ethnicities and more: African American Hispanic Asian Middle Eastern Indian / Pakistani This distinction between cultural backgrounds is of great importance when it comes to ethnic rhinoplasty. For example, when it comes to Asian noses Dr. Pearlman understands the anatomic differences between Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese facial structure and nasal anatomy as well as many other Asian ethnicities. Similarly, all other ethnic nose shapes and sizes have variations in size, shape, and projection.
During your lip lift, Dr. Pearlman and his highly skilled team will administer local anesthesia to numb the area of the upper lip beneath your nose. Dr. Pearlman will then remove a tiny amount of skin immediately beneath the nose to shorten the distance between the upper lip and nose. Then, the incision is closed. The entire procedure takes an hour or less to complete. A week later, the stitches will be removed, with the incision scar virtually invisible, hidden beneath your nose.
The best candidate is one who would desire a restored and more youthful hairline, would prefer to avoid a more invasive procedure, have (or are willing to have) a short haircut for a time, and are in good general health
My way of giving back is to always strive for – and offer the best. This helps me obtain top quality results on each individual and to provide comprehensive care for my patients.
Steven Pearlman, MD
Practice and Location
Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgeon, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, May 1986
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (1982)
- Brandeis University (1978)
- Lenox Hill Hospital The Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Center
- Northshore LIJ Hospital System
- St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Editorial Board Plastic Surgery Practice Journal
- Editorial Board Surgical Aesthetics Journal
- Face to Face
- Face to Face, Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- Face to Face, National Domestic Violence Project
- Little Babyface Foundation, Facial Reconstructive Surgery for Children
- New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- New York Head and Neck Institute
- Rhinoplasty Society
- NY (1987 - 2024)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award