Jonathan M. Sykes, MD
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Roxbury InstituteBeverly Hills, CA
Top procedures of expertise
Meet Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes
With AEDIT, easily request a consultation with Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes, one of our elite providers.
Dr. Jonathan Sykes is one of the most highly respected board certified Plastic Surgeons in the United States. He specializes in facelifts, rhinoplasty and eyelid procedures, having performed more than 13,000 aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries. His impressive academic background includes national faculty positions, international lecturing presentations as well as extensive list of published articles specializing in all aspects of aesthetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery. Since 1989, Dr. Sykes has been Professor/Director of the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. As director, he oversees an active medical practice and maintains one of the nation’s most sought-after fellowship programs for facial plastic surgeons seeking advanced training. Additionally, he is a former president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), the world’s largest specialty association. Throughout his career, Dr. Sykes has been a frequent international guest lecturer, presenting in over 20 countries and providing hundreds of presentations to fellow surgeons on facial plastic surgery procedures. Concurrently, he has published more than 100 professional articles and contributed to three textbooks. Dr. Sykes frequently travels with charitable organizations to medically underserved areas to provide specialized health care services to children with cleft lips, cleft palates, and other cranial and facial deformities. His most recent trip with Smile China marked his 16th humanitarian mission to train local surgeons and help children in need. In addition to three trips to China, he has provided free surgical care to children in Mexico, Ecuador, Russia, El Salvador, Bolivia, Korea, and Honduras. Outside of his charitable endeavors, he has contributed to his highly-specialized field of aesthetics by designed a patented instrument used by surgeons worldwide to simplify the endoscopic brow lift procedure and provide faster patient recovery times.
Professional & Academic Titles
- Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Roxbury Institute
- Chief Medical Director at Les Encres Cosmetic Threads
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Years of Experience
- 34 years of experience
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Experience and Expertise
Dr. Jonathan Sykes's Top Procedures
Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes has 21 Befores & Afters for 4 Procedures
See all befores & afters
Learn more about the procedures performed by Dr. Sykes
Learn more about the concerns addressed by Dr. Sykes
Questions and Answers
if you have advanced signs of aging such as deep lines, wrinkles, excess fat, sagging skin and jowls, you may require a traditional full facelift. With a lengthy incision that begins at the temple and runs around the ear and down to your neck, this approach allows us to produce the most dramatic results. If your signs of aging are less severe, you may qualify for a mini facelift. With smaller incisions and a shorter recovery time, this is a great way for younger patients to target earlier signs of aging on the jaw, cheeks and neck. Regardless of the approach used, our goal during surgery will be to tighten the underlying muscles, remove excess fat and firm sagging skin, all while restoring a fresh and youthful appearance. Once your procedure is complete, we will close the incisions to minimize any scarring and ensure a discreet final outcome.
When we perform brow lifts for our Beverly Hills patients, we aim to use the most minimally-invasive techniques possible. As such, we perform endoscopic brow lifts as often as we can. A very desirable procedure, endoscopic brow lifts are much less intensive than the traditional approach and require minimal incisions. Performed under general anesthesia, we will begin by making several tiny incisions along the scalp. We will then insert an endoscope through those openings, which is a long, thin and lighted tube that’s attached to a video camera in the operating room. This gives our plastic surgeons a clear view of your internal structures while we operate. If you are not a candidate for the endoscopic approach, we will perform a traditional open brow lift, which requires a more intensive incision along the length of the hairline.
To begin your rhinoplasty, we will administer general anesthesia, which will ensure that you are unconscious and comfortable throughout surgery. Once you’re sedated, we will create tiny incisions either inside your nose or hidden within the contours of your face. We will then lift and reposition the nasal skin to gain access to the bone and cartilage underneath. From there, we will meticulously sculpt your tissue to achieve the aesthetic results discussed during your consultation.
Whether repairing a congenital deformity, reconstructing a facial trauma, or improving upon what mother nature has given us, facial plastic surgery should appear natural and an unoperated look.
Jonathan M. Sykes, MD
Practice and Location
The Roxbury Institute
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Northwestern University Medical Center, Jun 1986
- GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (1983)
- University of Pennsylvania (1977)
- Dignity Medical Center
- Roseville Facial Plastic Surgery
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- American Academy Of Facial Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Greater Sacramento Society of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery William Wright Award for Service and Teaching
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Certificate of Honor for distinguished services in the Scientific Programs, Exhibits, Continuing Education Courses and Instructional Courses
- American Chemical Society Math Award
- Bausch and Lomb Science Award
- Elected Friars Seniors Honor Society
- Surgeon General’s Award for best presentation: Advanced Techniques in Surgery the Nasal Tip