Try on VI Peel Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$300 - $600
What is VI Peel?
VI Peel, a medium depth chemical peel, is a non-surgical skin resurfacing technique. VI Peel is not recommended for darker skin types. VI Peel is a combination of trichloroacetic acid (TCA), phenol, retinoic acid, salicylic acid, and vitamin C. VI Peel is a medium depth chemical peel meaning it penetrates the epidermis (top skin layer) and the papillary dermis.
VI Peel is primarily targeted to evening the skin tone and skin texture, and also reducing early signs of aging and volume loss. In some cases, medium depth chemical peels are preceded by a superficial chemical peel (using glycolic acid or salicylic acid).
What cosmetic concerns does a VI Peel treat?
Exfoliation of the skin layers “peels off” dead or damaged skin cells to promote new skin to grow and rejuvenate the complexion.
- Acne Scars & Scars: VI Peel penetrates skin layers to debride and break down scar tissue.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Skin layer penetration in a VI Peel loosens collections of hyperpigmented cells to even skin tone.
- Uneven Skin Texture: VI Peel breaks down deposits of dead/damaged skin cells and oil.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: VI Peel promotes cell turnover to create a youthful complexion.
Who is the ideal candidate for a VI Peel?
The ideal candidate for VI Peel, a medium depth chemical peel, has fair to medium skin with mild to moderate signs of aging (like fine lines and wrinkles) sun damage, or minor acne scarring. VI Peel™ is not recommended for those with darker skin tones due to the risk of hypopigmentation, those with active skin infections or damage (like burns or wounds), and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What is the average recovery associated with a VI Peel?
There is about one week of recovery following VI Peel. Patients can expect pain, redness, irritation, and flaking for about one week. Skin begins to peel after three days and continues to day seven. Normal activities can be resumed, but sun exposure and exercise should be avoided. Diligent skin care with Retin-A, hydrocortisone, moisturizer, and sunscreen will aid healing and mitigate possible side effects.
What are the potential side effects of a VI Peel?
Possible side effects following VI Peel include local infection, contact dermatitis, irritation, burning, pruritus, pain, persistent erythema, edema, and blistering. Delayed side effects may include scarring, poor healing, milia (white bumps), changes in texture, hyperpigmentation/hypopigmentation, lines of demarcation, loss of cutaneous barrier and tissue injury, and acneiform eruptions.
What can someone expect from the results of a VI Peel?
The results of VI Peel will develop after seven days as skin flakes and heals. Four to six treatments will provide best results and maintenance treatments can be performed every six months. The results are temporary and will change with natural aging and sun damage.
What is the average cost of a VI Peel?
VI Peel costs anywhere from $300 to $600. The actual cost of VI Peel is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of chemical peels.
- 1 Week Healing
- Improvement After 1 Treatment
- Multiple Treatments
- Upkeep Treatments Needed
- Not Good For All Skin Tones
What to Expect
A ViPeel is a medium depth chemical peel that exfoliates the skin to reveal smoother, brighter, skin underneath. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a ViPeel
- Minimize sun exposure
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- A preparatory retinoid or tretinoin cream may be prescribed to prime the skin
- A bleaching agent may be recommended to prevent changes in skin pigmentation
- Do not exfoliate or use aggressive products for 1 week
- Skin is cleansed to remove all dirt and oils
- ViPeel solution applied to the skin in 2 applications
- Second layer applied until the skin begins to frost
- ViPeel does not require a neutralizing solution
- Approximately 5-6 hours after treatment patients will wash off the ViPeel solution
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and redness
- Mild burning sensation
VI Peel™ is a Medium Depth Chemical Peel containing trichloroacetic acid (TCA), phenol, retinoic acid, salicylic acid, and vitamin C that penetrates through the epidermis into the papillary dermis. VI Peel™ can be used to treat discoloration (like hyperpigmentation), acne scars, fine lines, and sun damage.