$4000 - $20000
Before & After Images by Provider
This photo contains nudity. You must be at least 18 years of age to continue.
Before & After Images by Provider
What is a vaginoplasty?
A vaginoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure to reshape and tighten the vagina and vaginal canal. This procedure addresses excess skin and muscle laxity due to aging, childbirth, other female health concerns, or reconstructive surgery needs. It is common for women to combine a Vaginoplasty with other vaginal rejuvenation procedures like a labiaplasty (to address the labia minora and labia majora), clitoral hood reduction (to expose the clitoris), or perineoplasty. A Vaginoplasty can address sagging vaginal tissue, reduced vaginal sensation, lack of vaginal strength and tone, or tissue protrusion or deformities.
What cosmetic concerns does a vaginoplasty procedure treat?
- Female Sexual Wellness: A vaginoplasty removes excess skin and tightens muscles in and around the vagina to restore appearance, tone, and sensation.
- Mommy Makeover: After pregnancy and childbirth, a vaginoplasty can be performed alone or as part of a larger vaginal rejuvenation treatment plan.
Who is the ideal candidate for a vaginoplasty procedure?
The ideal candidate for a vaginoplasty procedure is in good health and seeking to restore sagging vaginal structures, improve vaginal sensation, strength, and tone, correct incontinence problems, or improve vaginal aesthetic. A Vaginoplasty is not recommended for those who are seeking to address psychosexual dysfunctions like anorgasmia or low libido.
What is the average recovery associated with a vaginoplasty procedure?
Most patients experience a week of acute recovery following a vaginoplasty. There will be vaginal discharge for a few days. Most candidates return to work within one week. Individuals are advised to refrain from tampon use and penetrative sexual intercourse for six weeks.
What are the potential side effects of a vaginoplasty procedure?
Possible side effects following a vaginoplasty include infection, bowel injury, incontinence, bleeding, swelling, scarring, and nerve injury.
What can someone expect from the results of a vaginoplasty procedure?
The results of a vaginoplasty procedure are immediately noticeable following the cosmetic surgery and are permanent. They will be affected by pregnancy and childbirth.
What is the average cost of a vaginoplasty procedure?
A vaginoplasty procedure can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $20,000. The actual cost of a vaginoplasty is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of a vaginoplasty.
What to Expect
A vaginoplasty is a surgical procedure that tightens the vaginal canal and reshapes the vaginal opening. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a vaginoplasty procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications 2 weeks before
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after the surgery
- No alcohol 2 days prior
- Do not shave the pubic region within 2 days of surgery
- General or local anesthesia with sedation
- Patient will lay on a table with the legs spread apart
- Excess skin removed at the opening of the vagina
- Vaginal mucosa separated from the vaginal muscles
- Vaginal canal muscles tightened
- Vaginal opening muscles tightened
- Dissolvable internal and external sutures to close incisions
Immediately After Treatment
- Soreness and discomfort
- Vaginal discharge and drainage
A vaginoplasty surgery is a procedure to restore the tone, appearance, and function of the vaginal canal and vaginal opening.