$2000 - $7500
What is a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift?
A radiofrequency-assisted breast lift is a non-surgical minimally invasive cosmetic procedure to enhance the appearance of the breasts. In contrast to a breast lift, breast augmentation, or breast reduction, this type of lift does not involve invasive incisions or excess skin removal.
The Anatomy of the Female Breast
Radiofrequency (RF) energy heats tissue to stimulate collagen production and encourage skin tightening and firming. During the procedure, a plastic surgeon can also remove small amounts of unwanted fatty breast tissue. The results are temporary and there is no associated recovery.
What cosmetic concerns does a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure treat?
- Breast Shape & Size: RF energy alters the appearance of the breasts in two ways by stimulating collagen production and also liquefying fat cells for improvements in breast shape, breast contours, and for body contouring.
- Mommy Makeover: While an RF breast lift provides a more subtle result than surgery, the procedure can be added onto other breast surgeries as part of a larger mommy makeover.
Who is the ideal candidate for a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure?
The ideal candidate for a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure is seeking a modest enhancement to sagging of the breasts. A radiofrequency-assisted breast lift is not recommended for those who are under 18, pregnant or breastfeeding, or who have breast sagging falling below the ribcage or inframammary line.
What is the average recovery associated with a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure?
Complete recovery from a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift typically takes one weeks. Most candidates return to work after one to two days. Strenuous activities should be limited for a few days following the treatment.
What are the potential side effects of a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure?
Possible side effects following a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure include swelling, redness, bruising, and temporary changes in sensation.
What can someone expect from the results of a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure?
The results of a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure will develop over six months after the initial procedure as collagen production increases and takes effect. The results last three to five years. Significant weight loss, weight fluctuations, or pregnancy will affect the results.
What is the average cost of a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift procedure?
A radiofrequency-assisted breast lift can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $7,500. The actual cost of a radiofrequency-assisted breast lift is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of a breast lift.
What to Expect
Radiofrequency assisted breast lift is a nonsurgical method to raise sagging or drooping breasts several centimeters. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after an RF assisted breast lift.
- Stop all tanning including lotions, booths, and sunbathing 2 weeks prior
- Stop using Retin-A or hydroquinone 1 week prior
- Avoid caffeine the day of treatment
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep skin hydrated
- Local anesthesia with or without sedation
- Several small incisions around areola
- Probe inserted and fanned within breast tissue
- Probe is heated with RF energy and is monitored until it reaches desired temperature
- RF energy tightens breast tissue and encourages collagen production
- Steri-strips to close
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and bruising
- Temporary redness and tingling sensation
A radiofrequency-assisted breast lift is a minimally invasive cosmetic surgery to enhance breast contour, breast shape, and the volume of the breasts. This procedure lasts three to five years.