$1000 - $10000
What is Halo™?
Halo™, by Sciton, is a hybrid fractional (meaning targeted) laser that uses both ablative wavelengths and non-ablative laser energy. The Halo™ laser treatment is designed to treat the same dermal area simultaneously with both wavelengths to create minimal downtime while also maximizing results. Patients who pursue a Halo™ treatment can expect the significant impact of an ablative treatment with the shorter, and less painful, recovery of a non-ablative treatment.
Halo™ is the first hybrid fractional laser (HFL). It is safe in all skin types, reports results within a few weeks, and most patients experience a few days of recovery time. The Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser is indicated to treat skin discoloration (including hyperpigmentation like brown spots, sunspots, dark spots, or freckles), early signs of the aging process, uneven tone or texture, acne scars, and also reduce pore size.
What cosmetic concerns does a Halo™ procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen stimulation creates skin tightening and plumping to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acne Scars & Scars: Laser energy clears build ups of scar tissue to encourage replacement with healthier skin cells.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Abnormally pigmented cells are targeted and healthier new cells are allowed to grow for more consistent tone.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Laser energy eliminates collections of dead cells and sebum to smooth skin texture.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Halo™ procedure?
The ideal candidate for Halo™ has fine lines/wrinkles, changes in skin tone or texture, or some types of scarring. Halo™ is not recommended for those with certain chronic skin conditions.
What is the average recovery associated with a Halo™ procedure?
Most patients experience little downtime following a Halo™ treatment. Red, irritated skin, swelling, and itchiness may follow the procedure. Most patients return to work within one to two days. Skin may be pink for a week. Good skincare and limiting sun exposure can improve results and reduce recovery.
What are the potential side effects of a Halo™ procedure?
Potential side effects following Halo™ include skin damage from the laser heat, scarring, changes in skin pigmentation, reactivation of cold sores, bacterial skin infections, and milia (white bumps).
What can someone expect from the results of a Halo™ procedure?
The results of Halo™ will not be immediately noticeable following the treatment, but will develop over a few weeks as skin heals. Patients should limit excessive sun exposure and utilize sunscreen while recovering to lessen the risk of irregular skin pigmentation. The results of Halo™ will be subject to age related changes and sun damage over time.
What is the average cost of a Halo™ procedure?A Halo™ procedure can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000. The actual cost of Halo™ is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Smoother & Tighter Skin
- Improved Skin Quality & Texture
- Lasting Results
- Possibility Of Scarring
- Skin Pigment Changes
- Can Exacerbate Existing Skin Conditions
What to Expect
Halo™ is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Halo™ procedure:
- A retinol cream or hydrocortisone pretreatment may be prescribed
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use tanning products
- Decrease alcohol consumption
- Discontinue use of any harsh skincare products, peels, and aggressive scrubs
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Avoid eating or drinking for at least 6 hours prior
- Topical or local anesthetic applied
- Laser is applied to the treatment area, targeting uneven skin texture, irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and other skin imperfections
- Once treated, a serum or ointment will be applied
- Bandage may be applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel raw and swollen
- Use OTC medications and cool compresses to ease discomfort
A Halo™ laser treatment by Sciton combines non-ablative and ablative wavelengths to reduce numerous common skin concerns with a short healing process and minimal downtime. This skin rejuvenation treatment reduces visible signs of aging, targets areas of hyperpigmentation, and creates a youthful glow.