$100 - $300
What is diamond tip microdermabrasion?
Diamond tip microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive skin resurfacing treatment for a clear, revitalized complexion. A typical diamond tip microdermabrasion treatment is about 30 minutes. During the treatment, a diamond tipped wand is gently sanded across the skin surface exfoliating the epidermis (top skin layer), as a suction device reabsorbs the dead skin cells. This treatment is used to encourage the body to stimulate collagen production and mechanically abrade the skin surface.
What cosmetic concerns does a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Diamond tip microdermabrasion is a mechanical exfoliation of skin cell layers to remove old and damaged cells, and encourage new cell growth and collagen production.
- Acne Scars: Diamond tip microdermabrasion can help minimize the appearance of acne scarring.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Diamond tip microdermabrasion treatments may be considered by those wishing to restore a more even skin tone.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Similarly, those with texture concerns could benefit from the deeply exfoliating treatment.
- Melasma: While melasma can be difficult to treat, diamond tip microdermabrasion has proven to be an effective solution for some.
Who is the ideal candidate for a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure?
The ideal candidate for a diamond tip microdermabrasion has minor scarring, skin texture irregularities, or sun damage. Diamond tip microdermabrasion is not recommended for those with certain skin conditions like active rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, lupus, psoriasis, herpes, acne, sunburns, other skin infections, or certain skin types.
What is the average recovery associated with a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure?
There is little downtime following a diamond tip microdermabrasion treatment. Redness and swelling resolves in a few hours, although dry flaking may persist for two to three days. Patients should avoid harsh/irritating skin care products and significantly reduce sun exposure for a few days following the procedure.
What are the potential side effects of a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure?
Possible side effects following a diamond tip microdermabrasion are few as the procedure is typically well tolerated. Bruising, redness, skin sensitivity, or excessive peeling may occur for several days after a diamond tip microdermabrasion. This is, however, unusual.
What can someone expect from the results of a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure?
Results of a diamond tip microdermabrasion are immediately noticeable skin smoothness, evenness, and brightening. Multiple treatments spaced two to three weeks apart creates the most ideal results. Maintenance treatments can be used to maintain the ideal skin aesthetic and skin health once achieved.
What is the average cost of a diamond tip microdermabrasion procedure?
Diamond tip microdermabrasion costs anywhere from $100 to $300. The actual cost of a diamond tip microdermabrasion is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
What to Expect
Diamond tip microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive treatment that professionally exfoliates the skin by removing dead, uneven layers of skin. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after diamond tip microdermabrasion.
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams for 1-3 days
- Avoid tanning and waxing for 1 week before
- No chemical peels or dermal injections for 2-3 weeks prior
- Topical numbing cream may be applied
- Diamond tipped wand is moved across skin removing uneven, pigmented skin cells
- A suction mechanism lifts off the exfoliated skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Minor redness and swelling