Try on Corner Lip Lift Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$2000 - $4000
What is a corner lip lift?
A corner lip lift is a surgical lip lift performed by a plastic surgeon under local anesthesia to correct the frowning appearance of the mouth caused by drooping corners where the upper lip and lower lip meet.
Anatomy of the Lip
A corner lip lift specifically targets the corners of the lips to correct a downturned, stern appearance in both younger patients and older patients. For candidates with deep oral commissure grooves a corner lip lift can cause dramatic improvements. The goal of a corner lip lift is to return the mouth to a neutral resting expression.
What cosmetic concerns does a corner lip lift procedure treat?
- Lip Shape: A corner lip lift specifically addresses the area where the upper lip and lower lip meet known as the oral commissure. This area may become downturned and lead to a chronically stern, severe, and frowning expression. This type of lip lift is a lip enhancement that does not alter the size of the lip.
- Lip Ptosis: A corner lip lift removes soft tissue from the corners of the mouth which can help to reposition a ptotic lip.
- Lip Ptosis: Lip lift techniques that target the outer corners of the mouth and alter the shape and positioning of the upper lip can correct a droopy appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for a corner lip lift procedure?
Ideal candidates for a corner lip lift are those experiencing a persistent downturned, frowning expression. Younger patients may benefit more than older patients as younger patients will have experienced less age related skin changes and have better skin elasticity. Lip lifts are not recommended for those with infections in and around the mouth, smokers unwilling to quit around the time of the procedure, and those with certain chronic conditions.
What is the average recovery associated with a corner lip lift procedure?
Most corner lip lift patients resume normal activities within one day. Modifications to diet and strenuous activities may last up to one week. Patients should limit excessive movement of their upper lip and lower lip. Most swelling and bruising will resolve within one week.
What are the potential side effects of a corner lip lift procedure?
Possible side effects from a corner lip lift procedure include bruising, bleeding, swelling, numbness, and scarring.
What can someone expect from the results of a corner lip lift procedure?
A corner lip lift will provide immediate and permanent results. Swelling and wound healing will resolve over a week or two.
What is the average cost of a corner lip lift procedure?
This is a one time permanent surgical procedure that can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000. The actual cost of the procedure is dependent upon location, surgeon, and length and involvement of the surgery. Remember this is a cosmetic surgery (not a reconstructive surgery), so it will not be covered by insurance.
- Improved Mouth Position
- External Scar
What to Expect
A corner lip lift improves signs of aging by upturning sagging oral commissures. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a corner lip lift.
- Antiviral and antibiotics may be prescribed
- Avoid blooding thinning medications for 2 weeks
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after surgery
- No alcohol 2 days prior
- Do not eat or drink for 6 hours before
- Triangular preoperative marks at the corner of the lips
- Lip and nose area is cleansed
- Local anesthesia
- Incisions made and skin is excised
- Sutures to close
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
A corner lip lift is a surgical procedure performed under the care of a plastic surgeon to correct persistently downturned lip corners contributing to a chronic frowning appearance. There is a risk of external scarring, which will vary by patient. This procedure is ideal for younger patients experiencing downturning at the junction of the upper lip and lower lip.