$800 - $4000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
Chemical (Botox) Brow Lift
What is a chemical brow lift?
A chemical brow lift (a.k.a. Botox brow lift) is a non-surgical brow lift technique to produce results similar to a regular surgical brow lift procedure with less invasiveness and little to no downtime. The results of a non surgical chemical brow lift will be more subtle than a surgical brow lift procedure.
Typically Botox® (or similar injectables like Dysport®, Jeuveau®, and Xeomin®) are used in chemical brow lifts to paralyze (via the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A) forehead muscles smoothing the forehead skin and elevating the brow. By selectively injecting facial muscles, skin will smooth and wrinkles and furrows will soften. The results of a chemical brow lift take time to develop, and a series of initial treatments.
What cosmetic concerns does a chemical brow lift procedure treat?
- Aging & Tired Eyes: By elevating the forehead and brow, a chemical brow lift exposes more of the upper eyelid and eye area for a refreshed and youthful appearance.
- Forehead Shape & Size: A chemical brow lift will indirectly change the forehead shape and size by smoothing skin, reducing fine lines, wrinkles, creases, and furrows, and repositioning the brow for an overall improved aesthetic.
Who is the ideal candidate for a chemical brow lift procedure?
The ideal candidate for a chemical brow lift has relatively good skin quality, minimal tissue laxity, and is looking for a temporary and minimally invasive non surgical brow lift solution. A chemical brow lift is not recommended for patients looking to correct skin laxity of the forehead or those with droopy eyelids as Botox® can worsen this appearance.
What is the average recovery associated with a chemical brow lift procedure?
Most patients experience minimal downtime following a chemical brow lift. Patients should not lie down or touch the injected area for a few hours. Cool compresses and over the counter medications can mitigate most swelling and redness. Light activities can be resumed immediately following the procedure, however, strenuous activity should be avoided for 24 hours.
What are the potential side effects of a chemical brow lift procedure?
Possible side effects from a chemical brow lift include pain at the injection site, infection of the injection sites, excessive inflammation or swelling, bruising, and eyelid or brow drooping.
What can someone expect from the results of a chemical brow lift procedure?
The results of a chemical brow lift are not immediately noticeable following the procedure. Results will develop over four to seven days, and a series of multiple initial treatments over four to six weeks will be needed to achieve desired results. A chemical brow lift can achieve approximately 1-2 mm of eyebrow elevation. The results are temporary, lasting approximately three to five months (the lifespan of neurotoxins like Botox®). Maintenance sessions will be required.
What is the average cost of a chemical brow lift procedure?
A chemical brow lift procedure can cost anywhere from $800 to $4,000. The actual cost of a chemical brow lift is dependent upon location, healthcare provider, and length and involvement of the injection. Learn more in our complete guide to brow lift cost.
What to Expect
A chemical brow lift uses injectable neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin to strategically relax specific facial muscles and subtly raise the forehead. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a chemical brow lift.
- Do not consume alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for 2 weeks
- Reschedule if a rash, blemish, or cold sore develops in the area
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Injection locations are individualized for the patient’s needs
- Elevation is usually done with 16-24 units of Botox at several points in the skin
- Minimal and tolerable discomfort during procedure
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling, redness, and itching
- Do not manipulate treatment area for 3 hours
- Do not lie down for 4 hours
- Return to normal activity after 24 hours
A chemical brow lift procedure is a non surgical alternative to a surgical brow lift procedure to enhance a sagging or drooping brow. By utilizing injectables, such as Botox®, a chemical brow lift creates temporary, but significant results with little to no downtime.