Dr. Mihye Choi graduated from University of Rochester School of Medicine in 1987 and received general surgery training at Harvard Beth Israel Hospital. She completed plastic surgery residency at Mount Sinai Hospital, a research fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and a hand surgery fellowship at NYU Medical Center. She joined the Faculty at the Institute of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery at New York University School of Medicine in 1998. Dr. Choi is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1998. The focus of Dr. Choi’s New York City practice is face, breast and body plastic surgery. Dr. Choi performs many of the latest breast surgeries including breast reduction with lollipop short scar technique, breast lift with minimal incision technique, and breast augmentation with cohesive silicone implants. As an experienced microsurgeon, Dr. Choi offers various breast reconstruction techniques after mastectomy using implants or autologous tissue such as DIEP flaps. Dr. Choi also performs body contouring surgeries including abdominoplasties, liposuctions, body and thigh lifts. She approaches each patient individually and customizes her surgery to the patient’s need, physique, and desire. She also has a Certificate in Hand Surgery and performs various hand surgeries.Dr. Choi’s current research interests include using three dimensional imaging to accurately calculate breast volumes for reconstruction and other types of breast surgery. She is investigating a vertical incision design for breast reconstruction to shorten the length of scars. Dr. Choi is involved in studies to improve breast reconstruction with fat injections. She is also studying anesthetic techniques to reduce pain and shorten the recovery period associated with breast and body surgery.
KCNY Plastic Surgery305 East 47th StreetNew York, NY 10017
- Upper Eyelid
- Lower Eyelid
- Breast Augmentation with Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Male Breast Reduction
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
Education & Training
- Graduate School: University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowships Trained In: Other
- Fellowship Hospitals: NYU School of Medicine
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- New York University Medical Center, N.Y.
- Bellevue Hospital Center, N.Y.
Awards & Recognitions
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly
- New York Magazine: Top Doctors Castle Connolly
AEDIT is taking the stigma out of plastic surgery, cosmetic procedures and injectables. Welcome to the future of beauty - The AEDITORsend it to your mobile device