Dr. Thornton graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He completed his General Surgery Residency from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and his Plastic and Reconstructive Residency from Emory University.
He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS), American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPS), and AO North America (Craniofacial Faculty).
He is an Associate Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center’s Department of Plastic Surgery where he teaches plastic surgery residents about facial and nasal reconstruction. His clinical practice is located in the Outpatient Building on the campus of UT Southwestern.
Dr. Thornton has published numerous articles about nasal reconstruction and lectures nationally about nasal and facial reconstruction. Click here to view his articles and lecture schedule.
Dr. Thornton is a Captain in the US Navy reserve. He currently serves in a VTU 7070 squadron based in Forth Worth and remains actively involved in flight and squadron support. For more information, click here to read about Dr. Thornton’s military career.
Dr. Thornton is known for his dry sense of humor. He lives in Dallas with his wife and 6 children. He is a Cross-fit instructor and enjoys working out with the whole family and surfing in Hawaii with his son.
Chinese, French, German, Spanish, English
Dr. James F. Thornton1801 Inwood RoadDallas, TX 75390
Education & Training
- Graduate School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Residency: the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship Hospitals: Emory University
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - General
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System
- William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
Awards & Recognitions
- Guide to America’s Top Surgeons Award “America’s Top Surgeon”
- Red Book Magazine Award “Top Doctor”
AEDIT is taking the stigma out of plastic surgery, cosmetic procedures and injectables. Welcome to the future of beauty - The AEDITORsend it to your mobile device