$250 - $12000
What is mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a non-invasive, injectable fat reduction solution with few side effects and downtime. Mesotherapy is sometimes referred to as injection lipolysis or lipodissolve. Customized solutions are tailored to patients, and can include core ingredients like phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate along with components such as hyaluronic acid, vitamins, vasodilators, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories, enzymes, nutrients, antibiotics, and hormones.
The injections can be targeted to stubborn fat deposits in the back, arms, neck, thighs, and stomach for rejuvenation, and a refreshed appearance. Mesotherapy is used regularly in Europe, however, it is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Mesotherapy is primarily used for fat dissolution and contouring, but can also be used for pain management, cellulite, and hair loss.
What cosmetic concerns does a mesotherapy procedure treat?
- Excess Body Fat: Variable and customizable ingredients work to assist the body in breaking down fat for rejuvenation of treated areas.
- Cellulite: Mesotherapy injections may be used to smooth cellulite in areas with dimpled skin.
Who is the ideal candidate for a mesotherapy procedure?
The ideal candidate for mesotherapy has stubborn fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise changes. Mesotherapy is not recommended for those with unstable or unhealthy weights, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, those on anticoagulants or cardiac medication, or those with diabetes, liver, or kidney disease.
What is the average recovery associated with a mesotherapy procedure?
Most patients recover from mesotherapy within a few days. Normal activity can be resumed immediately, but exercise should be limited for two days. Additionally, non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) should not be taken for 48 hours after treatment.
What are the potential side effects of a mesotherapy procedure?
Possible side effects following a mesotherapy procedure include redness, burning, stinging, swelling, bruising, and nodule formation at the injection site.
What can someone expect from the results of a mesotherapy procedure?
Mesotherapy results will show after multiple initial injections. Mesotherapy treatments will begin to have visible effect within eight to 15 weeks. Results will change with weight gain, pregnancy, and aging.
What is the average cost of a mesotherapy procedure?
A Mesotherapy procedure can cost anywhere from $250 to $12,000. The actual cost of mesotherapy is dependent upon location, board certified facial plastic surgeon or healthcare provider, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery procedure.
- Can Treat A Variety Of Indications
- Has Been Used As A Treatment In Europe For Decades
- Not FDA Approved
- No Standardized Method Of Treatment
- Unpredictable Results
What to Expect
Mesotherapy, also referred to as injection lipolysis or lipodissolve, is a method of fat reduction that consists of an individualized injection of vitamins, enzymes, nutrients, antibiotics, and other ingredients. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after mesotherapy treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications 1 week prior
- Purchase vitamin K or arnica for treatment for post-procedure use
- Practitioner will evaluate patient in order to create a customized injection
- Treatment area will be cleansed
- Injection will be placed in the subcutaneous fat layer
- Several session needed depending on the issue being treated
- Expect to have 1-15 sessions spaced 1-2 weeks apart
Immediately After Treatment
- Immediately return to normal activity
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Redness at injection site
Mesotherapy is an injectable fat reduction solution for stubborn fat cells, excess fat, and cellulite reduction. It is not FDA approved in the United States. There is little associated downtime and risk of side effects. Mesotherapy treatments can be used for rejuvenation, contouring, and improved aesthetic.