$3300 - $14996
What is a hybrid breast augmentation?
A hybrid breast augmentation combines artificial implants with harvested natural body fat to create a highly precise and natural looking breast enhancement.
The Anatomy of the Female Breast
Silicone implants and saline implants can be inserted to augment breast size and volume, and then liposuctioned fat can be used to contour the breast shape, fill in areas of thin tissue, and hide implants well within the breast tissue. This procedure is slightly more expensive and involved than implants or fat transfer alone.
What cosmetic concerns does a hybrid breast augmentation procedure treat?
- Breast Shape & Size: A combination of breast implants with fat grafting allows for precise breast contouring and enhancement.
- Mommy Makeover: Depending on the anatomy and aesethetic goals of the patient, a hybrid breast aumgentation can enhance the results of breast implants.
- MTF Gender Confirmation: Transfeminine top surgery include the creation of characteristic female breasts, areola, and nipples. A combination of implants and fat transfer may be used to enhance the size and shape of the breasts.
Who is the ideal candidate for a hybrid breast augmentation procedure?
The ideal candidate for a hybrid breast augmentation is in generally good health and is seeking to enhance the breasts with a combination procedure or looking for a breast reconstruction procedure. Hybrid breast augmentation is not recommended for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, do not have sufficient fat for transfer, or who are under 18 years of age.
What is the average recovery associated with a hybrid breast augmentation procedure?
Following a hybrid breast augmentation procedure patients can expect about four to six weeks of recovery time. The liposuction site will heal within a week or so. Supportive garments and limitations on activities will persist for about six weeks. Most candidates return to work after one week.
To better understand the healing and downtime associated with the procedure, check out our complete guide to breast augmentation recovery.
What are the potential side effects of a hybrid breast augmentation procedure?
Possible side effects following a hybrid breast augmentation include bruising, numbness, asymmetry, excessive blood loss, deep vein thrombosis, fat necrosis, asymmetry, breast/nipple pain, tissue atrophy, capsular contracture, implant rupture, extrusion, displacement, changes in sensation, and palpable implant, and unsatisfactory results.
What can someone expect from the results of a hybrid breast augmentation procedure?The results of a hybrid breast augmentation procedure are immediate and permanent improvements to breast appearance. The results will finalize within six months. Initially the breasts may appear overfilled to compensate for natural fat reabsorption. The results will be affected by pregnancy or significant weight gain or weight loss.
What is the average cost of a hybrid breast augmentation procedure?
A hybrid breast augmentation can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000. The actual cost of a Hybrid Breast Augmentation is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of a breast augmentation.
- More Precise Results
- Combines Benefits Of Implant With Fat Transfer
- Must Have Sufficient Fat
- More Expensive
What to Expect
A hybrid breast augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure utilized to alter the breast appearance. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a hybrid breast augmentation:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications two weeks prior to surgery. Blood thinners may include Advil, Tylenol, Aspirin, and prescription anticoagulants
- Stop smoking four weeks before and after the procedure
- No alcohol one week prior to the surgery
- Local anesthesia
- Liposuction performed and area is closed with sutures
- Incisions made and breast implant inserted into natural breast tissue with sutures to close
- Liposuctioned fat is purified and injected into the breast tissue
Immediately After Surgery
- Tightness, bruising, and swelling
- Changes in sensation
A hybrid breast augmentation combines the size enhancements of implants with the precision and naturalness of fat grafting for natural appearing, well contoured breasts.