Minor Surgical Procedure
$3000 - $6000
What is a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer?
Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer is a plastic surgery procedure to correct volume loss in the hands. Similar to the facial tissue, collagen loss due to aging in the hands leads to overly prominent veins and tendons. Fat grafting can provide a natural solution to this volume loss.
Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer combines a liposuction procedure to harvest fat cells that are then injected into the hands for volume replenishment. Other hand rejuvenation treatments like Dermal Fillers (such as FDA approved Radiesse®) can also be used and are slightly less invasive, although they carry a higher risk of rejection. A laser hand rejuvenation procedure or Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment can address surface skin changes like age spots/sun spots from sun damage.
What cosmetic concerns does hand rejuvenation with fat transfer treat?
- Aging Hands: Liposuction for fat harvesting allows for strategic injection of fatty tissue into the hands during a Hand Rejuvenation with Fat Transfer for a natural appearing volume augmentation and a more youthful appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer procedure?
The ideal candidate for hand rejuvenation with fat transferis in generally good health and has sufficient body fat for fat grafting. Hand Rejuvenation with Fat Transfer is not recommended for those who smoke or are at a low body fat level.
What is the average recovery associated with a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer procedure?
The average recovery following hand rejuvenation with fat transfer is two to three weeks. Hands will most likely remain swollen during this time, however, most candidates resume regular activities and work after the first week. Cold compresses can help to relieve the swelling.
What are the potential side effects of a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer procedure?
Possible side effects following hand rejuvenation with fat transfer include swelling, pain, bleeding, bruising, infection, fat necrosis, nerve damage, and asymmetry.
What can someone expect from the results of a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer procedure?The results of a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer cosmetic procedure are immediately visible, but will finalize over about six months. The results will naturally evolve with aging, and will also be affected by significant weight gain. Good skin care and limited sun exposure can help to maintain results.
What is the average cost of a hand rejuvenation with fat transfer procedure?
Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000. The actual cost of hand rejuvenation with fat transfer is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
- Immediate Results
- Minimal Downtime
- Possible Asymmetry
What to Expect
Fat grafting can help to reverse the effects of time by restoring volume to wrinkled hands for a more youthful appearance.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications to help prevent unnecessary bruising
- Stop smoking and using all nicotine products 4 weeks before and after treatment
- No alcohol for 1 week prior
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
During Treatment: Fat Collection
- Donor area is cleansed and anesthetized
- Small incision made
- Donor area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Cannula inserted to dislodge and collect fatty deposits
- Patient is bandaged with a compression garment
- Collected fat is purified for injection
During Treatment: Fat Grafting
- Hand is cleansed
- Needle inserted to create hole for cannula
- Cannula inserted in the wrist at the top of the hand
- Cannula is fanned across hand to distribute fat
- Cannula removed
- Hand is massaged to evenly distribute fat
Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer is a cosmetic surgery that can help to reduce the telltale signs of aging like prominent veins and tendons through liposuction and fat grafting.